Sign in to follow this  
Lurch

Lumley Special Vehicles

I've just had my 280zx insured with Lumley and based on price there is no comparison to the other 'specialty' insurers out there...  The policy I have with Lumley cost a quater of the quote from Shannons and the insured value is $5000 more!

On the subject of insurance, as others have stated here , it is not until you have a claim that the real "cost" of insurance is made obvious.

I have heard many horror stories from those claiming on LSV policies and whilst Shannons may be more exy I can vouch for the fact that they pay up no questions asked.

Having had three claims on my MX5 (two at fault......hmmm talk to my wife) and one with my Zed in the last two years , they paid up no questions asked and I choose the repairer.

I swapped my house insurance over to Shannons a few months back and I recently submitted a claim for flood damage to my office and garage from the downpour we copped in early Feb and again they paid up without an assessor having to come out ..............I just sent in photos of the flood and the damaged  office contents and they paid up no questions asked ............and by cheque not by a store credit as most insurances do now.

My previous household policy would not have paid out a cent as the flood was caused by an overflow of a  storm water drain !!

So in short I have had cheaper quotes from LSV however I will stick with Shannons........the extra $$ in premiums are well worth it when it comes to paying out on claims.

Alan

I am with LSV, great policy/features and incredible price, but no I haven't had to claim.

Shannons on the other hand I will never deal with, EVER! I am sure they give a good service, but they treated me like a 13 year old school boy, and have lost a customer for life (one that has kept his car fully insured/registered even though it has spent the last year off the road, and probably the next 10) and hopefully every potential customer that will listen to me.

I said I had a 260z 2+2 that I wanted to insure for 15k and they just laughed at me (wouldn't even listen to what was actually done/modified to the car). The guy then went on to explain that he was a huge NISSAN fan and new everything about NISSANs and that because my car was a 2+2 that my car wasn't worth more then 4k (My computer cost more). He essentially called it a bastard son that no one wants, I think his actual words were "people generally only buy those for parts".

His justification was that his mate had just picked up a 260z 2 seater that needed a bit of work for 6k (At the time my car was a L28ET, with Motec M600, brakes, rust repaired, painted, wheels, etc, I.E. Better condition then it now sits). AH, it still infuriates me.

Not to mention after all that he said that if I was to opt for a 8k valuation (which he didn't think my car was worth) that it would cost me 2k a year.

So end of the day, I will take my chances with LSV over Shannons any day of the year. At least they were interested in what I was passionate about, wanted to know all the details/pictures I could give them and were willing to give me what ever price I wanted for my car.

Funny how the worm turns, I pulled my S15 and 260Z 2+2 away from LSV as they phoned me after 10 years of having both cars insured with them and said they would not continue to insure my S15. I have had no accidents or any claims on either vehicle for the duration. When I said I will take the 260Z away from them as well they then decided they would insure my car (S15) but the premium was not even near competitive.

I then re-insured both cars with Shannons much cheaper premium for the S15 and I insured the 260Z 2+2 for $15K I did send them pics though.

Lynton

heya fellas, first post :)

i just got my 260 insured with shannons... p plater with 1 at fault accident 2 years ago, an agreed value of $15k with all my mods listed for $228.01 on club plates. i'm pretty happy with that