Lurch’s ‘Early Girl’ 240Z!

Mate, I've been away and just got back to read this. Very nice car, I can't believe you picked it up for $2,250.00! Good find.

Cheers,

Sulio

Maybe thats a typo....should have been $22,500.00 :D

good work lurch! in the first photo it looks like it had both fender and normal mirrors? (and not the normal fender mirrors either?)

i vote you find some orginal 240z mirrors. do you know how many kms the chassis has on it? looks very nice

Well done Lurch.  I'm happy for you.  (They're right, sarcasm does convey well in writing).  I'm not in the slightest bit jealous.  I'm not in the slightest bit pi$$ed off that I can't even find a half decent DONOR car for that sort of money!!

Seriously mate well done, I'm happy for you.  (Got you again!!)

Now the cat is out, so to speak, is Lurch Enterprises back up and running??????

• Administrators

Mate, I've been away and just got back to read this. Very nice car, I can't believe you picked it up for $2,250.00! Good find.

Cheers,

Sulio

Typical Sulio, trying to ruffle a few feathers. I would be very surprised if Lurch got it that cheap. Then again, who knows right?

Needs some work Lurch.... I'll give you $1250 for it  :P 

Needs some work?! Kiss my bum, you heathen! :P

i will give you $2500, instant profit !  ;D

You already have 5 Chong - I'm not going to be your enabler for any more!

good work lurch! in the first photo it looks like it had both fender and normal mirrors? (and not the normal fender mirrors either?)

i vote you find some original 240z mirrors. do you know how many kms the chassis has on it? looks very nice

Thanks Ev.

It's never had fender mirrors mate, But in time I'll try tracking down some correct chrome 240Z door mirrors.

The chassis has done over 250,000 miles, so it's done some work.

Milage like that doesn't really concern me though.

Well done Lurch.  I'm happy for you.  (They're right, sarcasm does convey well in writing).  I'm not in the slightest bit jealous.  I'm not in the slightest bit pi$$ed off that I can't even find a half decent DONOR car for that sort of money!!

Seriously mate well done, I'm happy for you.  (Got you again!!)

Now the cat is out, so to speak, is Lurch Enterprises back up and running??????

Bwahaha, normally Italics are used to convey sarcasm Simon ;)

Thanks anyway, I know you mean well :) BTW you'r being a girly man about finding parts for your shell - theres more than one way to go about getting parts!

Restart the sideline business? Hrmm... maybe. But it would only be on a job buy job basis...

Typical Sulio, trying to ruffle a few feathers. I would be very surprised if Lurch got it that cheap. Then again, who knows right?

I really got a chuckle out of Suls joke :D

I paid a LOT more then $2,250.00 for it. It's very much worth it though ;)

BTW last night I fitted up my new door Pinchweld/Doorseal, that I got courtesy of Simon (Thomo260).

It fitted beautifully (it's top quality stuff), so hopefully less wind noise now & no cracked/broken pinchweld falling off...  ::)

Well I'm a bit late seeing this thread. But it's a great read and I'm wrapped for you Lurch. I know how much you love the Zed and now you finally own a great Car with some awesome history and a true classic. Well done mate. You must be chuffed to say the least. I take it you will be looking forward to bringing her along to Thredbo in Feb next year. I know a long way off but it is a big drive.

I look forward to seeing it at the Jag Club as I'm sure plenty of people will. So keep buffing that paint work so she looks perfect on the night. I will try not to lean over the car whilst eating some Pizza.  :D

Fwiw lurch the black mirrors are off 240z's, the chrome ones are about an inch shorter and off a 1600 or something, but are interchangable and commonly put onto zeds. I have the chrome ones and due to my height the passenger side wiper starts to block the pass side mirror, but not enough to be an issue - particularly for u!

Yeah Ev, I seem to remember reading about the fender mirrors & which ones where the 'correct' ones & whatnot.

I reckon I'd find the fender mirrors a PITA too see out of anyway - having them on the door is much more convenient :)

I'm also now on the hunt for the correct rocker/tappet/valve cover.

The one on it currently is the std "Nissan OHC" one.

The one that 'should' be one there is: "Nissan 2400 - OHC". However, I feel this is going to be a time consuming & costly exercise to find one  :(

haha - yer I thoguht the price would get peoples attention. Low number car like that is nice thing to hold on to just make sure you insure it accordingly. Can't wait to see it for real!

Well done Lurch, great find and good read! We could use some of that intro for a feature car if you like!?

Cheers,

Sulio

Already found that. I'd rather try & locate one closer to home, rather than resort to buying out of the US.

Suls, maybe - but I think Craig was next in line with his Zed?

Actually Lurchos, my Landcruiser has a small mirror on the front left of the bullbar and the Toyota Surfs had them on the front left panel, it is way better than the standard side mirror because it covers the blind spot.  Its also less effort to look at and with the size of the B pillar in the zeds, checking blind spots is not a bad idea.

Lurch you go ahead with your write up on your car. I am a ways off on doing mine. So feel free especially since it is half written already. Oh and I reckon buy that cover from the USA. Buying from O/Seas these days isn't an issue. It will be one less thing to do or locate later on.