spanners and sockets

FLEXZED

hey guys

had my stanley spanners and sockets stolen out of my work van

i am so p*ssed off as i never take them on the road with me( been a plumber dont have much need)

but needed them for this specific job

so just asking what people on here recommend, have looked at snap on and blue point but they are so expensive rather spend my money on the zed

thanks

Loui

I have powerbuilt spanners, good stuff.

Also have a set of kincrome ratchet spanners, DEFINATELY worth the investment.

I have had a good play with the Bahco tools, very reccomended.

Not so keen on the kincrome ratchet set. the sockets arent bad but the driver handles leave a lot to be desired.

I have a Fuller pro ratchet set, i have had it 10+ years now through my trade and its still going strong.

Hi OldManZ,

I have used the repco tools for over 8 years and i'm quite happy with the quality. If you break one take it back to any repco and they replace it with one of the shelf, no hastles.

Cheers,

Ad

thanks guys

I also have a fuller socket set and have had it for over 15 yrs and its a great socket set

i will keep using that and invest in a spanners, looking at all options

thanks again guys

Loui

I have a 300 piece sp kit I'm a apprentices  fitter and I can say the quality is really good arches are real good so are spares and screwdriver also they have a lifetime warranty and sp are really good with there warranty I had a socket that had a score mark in it and for giggles I took it back and they replaced it with no questions. Please do not buy kingchrome sockets or Stanley if you want it too last as there made in China now and we all know how that Chinese steel is.

Cheers pauly

I'm still a big fan of Sidchrome, but my favorite socket set 1/4" is TengTools.  It is a great set and have never seen one of there tools fail.  I've also use Bahco and they were very well build in my opinion.

I found a great tool shop in Geelong the other day.  I can't recall the name, but it's across the road from Geelong Harley Davidson and next door to KTM.  Someone from Geelong help me out, as they have an online sotore as well. 

I could have spent hours in there looking around, infact I did.  Shiny  ;D

There you go we've norrowed it down to one of about nine brands.  And you thought asking would have made it easier.

inherited my old mans sidchrome set both sockets and spanners. these are classic 70s tools Made in Australia ones. still work very good after rebuiding countless engines in 20year plus while he was working.

i bought myself whole stanley set (1/2/ 3/4 and 1/4 drive sets)  used it now for 6years and still damn good. though i did manage to wreck the 1/4 drive ratchet ( bolt  broke and droped the socket through exhaust. short fused and the ratchet went flying to the concrete)replaced it with sidchrome one.

got KC tools ratchet spanner set and a mechpro (bought it from repco suprisingly good still didnt manage to kill them)

also few repco bits and pieces and snap on.

if goign to buy again would look at Sidchrome or KC or Repco. Snap On is nice but so is the money. Powerbuild only got a spark plug socket used it once but quality looks very good.

• 1 month later...

I have KC Tools spanners and 3/8 drive sockets set. Good quality and not too expensive.

1/4 drive and 1/2 drive I have Bahco (a snap-on company) very good value for money, would recommend them to people.

Have Snap on 1/2 drive sockets and also some specialty sockets. Snap on make a very nice universal joint 3/8 sockets, very handy to remove the lower row of turbo manifold nuts on RB26DETT which are a pain to reach. Yet to see another make offer the same thing.

There are lots of good tools out there that arent as expensive as Snap on and for the hobby/home mechanic are better value. Snap on is nice but VERY high in cost!!!