LHD to RHD conversion

kelly

Hey guys...I just happened on this site, and its great! I am toying with the idea of getting an abused or otherwise direlect first generation Z. I was wondering how difficult it would be to convert a LHD to RHD car. I am guessing that I would need the RHD steering rack, and the dashboard.

I am thinking that I could take all the old components and use it in the LHD dash, like the guages, steering column and such...

Now the difficult part is this: I am in America. I am wondering how hard it would be to ship all that over here...

Any of you fellas have any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Kelly

Do you mean you want to convert a RHD to LHD? or why would you want to convert to RHD if you were in the US, why not buy an already LHD one there and convert it if you're doing it for the fun of it.

man i had to read through that sentence like 5 times to make sure i hadn't mixed up LHD with RHD.

That was confusing!

I want to find a USDM LHD 240-280 Z. I want to convert it to a RHD JDM, UKDM, ADM Zed. I think that would make the car atotally unique ride. I would like to do it for the fun of it.

I am wondering if it would be feasible to have a RHD Rack and Pinon, RHD dash, and any other required RHD-only parts sent over to America.

My other question is if the firewall is different on the RHD/LHD cars as well

yea firewalls are diff.

-battery trays and recess in the pressing for the battery are opposed sides, but you could leave it as it is.

-the other firewall detail is pretty much interchangeable. most

-acc pedal mount setc would need att but brake & clutch should be an easy swap.

-how bout just buying a rhd from aus or europe???? as the body # would give it away HLS not HS30

-interior would probly be interesting with the wiring i mean but if you got a rhd dash it should pan out ok im not sure which side the loom enters through the firewall on a US Lhd

nato