2010 John Mott Sprint Sandown 17th18th July

danrace260

Hey All

This message is to let you know that regs and entry forms for the

2010 John Mott Memorial Sprint have been posted in this forum.

You can all start entering the event!

Tell your friends, spread the word.

The event format is the same as last year.

* Saturday is a non-timed circuit familiarisation day. We will allow

passengers at our discretion on selected sessions in the afternoon,

which makes fun for everyone.

* Sunday is a competitive, timed super sprint. This could decide

who is the 2010 NCCA sprint king?

* Normal for NCCA events, this event represents great value for

money, with around 1hr track time per day. Last year some competitors got 50 laps, something previously unheard of - what could be better value for money?

Supplementary regulations and entry form is available on this forum, and

on our club website, www.nissancarclub. org.au

<http://www.nissanca rclub.org. au/> .

Hope to see as many zed as we saw last year running around the track

Cheers Daniel Devenish

2010 John Mott Sprint secretary

15503_ca5dfde6342b30025fabb6be11be03fb1d4cc80d.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

BEEEEEHUMP!

Myself & Gordo have entered in our Zeds for the Sunday supersprint.  Anyone else entered?

BTW, if anyone wants to come down to Sandown for a look, please do so - entry is free!

Bruce (SPAmasterZed) is coming down for a looksie, so why not join the fun?!

I am entering but not sure if I am doing the Saturday or Sunday at this stage.

The better half (and keeper of the finances) wants to go for some laps and they are having passenger sessions on the Saturday.

If I am not running Sunday I'll definatley be flag waving or marshalling.

cheers

Bruce

Can someone tell me the rules how they measure the dBa? As you can buy a meter on eBay for about $60 it could be good insurance to replicate the measure before the meeting.

http://shop.ebay.com.au/i.html?_nkw=sound+meters&_sacat=0&_odkw=datsun+240z&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313

• Moderators

Usually some guy sits on the edge of the track with the decibel meter. They measure it from about 30 meters. So if your car exceeds 75db at 30 meters, it's pretty damn loud.. They like to move around like wilderbeast too..

Usually some guy sits on the edge of the track with the decibel meter. They measure it from about 30 meters. So if your car exceeds 75db at 30 meters, it's pretty damn loud.. They like to move around like wilderbeast too..

Usually at Sandown they seem to camp in or around the grandstand.  Which isn't really fair, cause it echos there!

Hey guys at the moment there is about 4 zeds entered as well as my father going to be running his zed that won early classic in 2009 classic adelaide so there going to be some fairley quick zeds out there on the day for the noise side of things this year there is only 1 warning for anyone over the 75db as it has gotten realy strict over the last 12 months.

If any of the auszcar guys are comming out for a look see and wanna get close to the action theres many flag marshalling spots avalible for half the day or the hole day we supply the flaggies with food and drinks as well so if any of the zed nuts out there and wants to get close to the action on satday or sunday give me a buzz:

Zero four zero three six eight one three six nine

cheers daniel devenish

2010 john mott sprint secretary

• 4 weeks later...

just a reminder about the John Mott Sprint coming up in 2 weeks at Sandown.

There is currently about 30 entrants for the Saturday and the Sunday.

As it stands you will be getting at least an hour of track time on the Saturday and up to 9 runs on the Sunday.

There is still time to get your entry in,

Hope to see you there

cheers

Bruce

Sound's like a great weekend fella's. I'd love to have a run next year, and If I can talk my number loving mate from Hobart, and that bloke with the LS-1 and an exhaust shop in Devonport we should bring over a Tassie team. 2 day's of racing make it very attractive to come over on the boat. Is Craig's brother running his Zed? it would be interesting to compare his times to the Devenishes etc....

Hi I will be coming out for a look only. If it's fine I will drive my Zed out. Took it for a drive on the weekend and going great. Just don't feel up to a track run till the summer months. I know I'm slack Lurch but will definately take it on the Apollo Bay drive. See you Sunday and looking forward to seeing your Zed on the track Lurch.  :D

Just got the 'early bird' entry list from NCC, & there's stuff all Zeds running :(

Gordo (in his R32GTR),

Rob Devo in his 240Z,

Greg Lazzard in a V8 260Z (ex WA car)

& me in my 240Z.

However there seems to be lots of spaces left for more late entries. So if your thinking about running it's not too late!

All the Zeds guys seem to have entered for the Saturday!

Dan Moore 240Z

Noel Edwards 240Z <- quick Zed!

Rob Devo 240Z

Bob Greig 240Z

Steve Harris 240Z

PLEASE NOTE: The event is NOT open to the general Public any more, but if the tell them at the gate your pit crewing for Locky Fowler in the Red 240Z they should let you in.

Any troubles: ZERO FOUR ZERO ZERO ZERO FIVE FOUR FIVE SEVEN TWO

I think they could still be looking for flaggies and officials, so if you feel motivated and want to get a good spectating point on the track, let Dan know (no experience needed)

Pity you couldn't make it Bruce :(

I had a great day - till 2pm(ish) when the rain closed in :( I did have fun sliding around in the wet though :P

I only suffered a manifold gasket failure, so hopefully it'll be an easy fix...

I got down to a 1:33.5 before the rain hit, so I'm damn pleased with that time - especially considering it's a fairly stock 240Z!

Dimitri had his in-car camera set-up in my Zed so look out for some footage soonish ;D

Many thanks to everyone who came down: Dimitri, Kyle, John, Bruce & Julian, Rev. Dave & Benny and Craig.

Many thanks to Devo & NCC for running a very smooth event!

Photo's courtesy of the SPAmaster!:

DSCF0039-2.jpg

DSCF0038-2.jpg

DSCF0016-3.jpg

DSCF0037-2.jpg

DSCF0036-2.jpg

DSCF0034-4.jpg

DSCF0033-4.jpg

DSCF0032-3.jpg

DSCF0027-3.jpg

DSCF0025-3.jpg

DSCF0023-3.jpg