Canberra Pics from drive

chris240

Ok fellow Canberra muppets, its been 7.5 years since our last meet & drive.. I think a catch-up & drive is in order..Suggest a saturday late May ??

I went for a drive with the family to Wee Jasper which is around 70klms from Canberra over the long weekend, great drive, nice windey roads, tiny pub & grill.....just a thought.

Who's up for it  :P

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt I will either, exhaust manifold is off being welded and just discovered i need new braided lines for the rear.  I'm in the middle of changing job, so its making things a bit difficult to organize till I get a new roster too.  So rather than say I might make it and then not, ill just say no, so maybe later.  If it still goes ahead, i'd be happy to hitch a ride with someone for the trip if i'm not working.

roah!!!

Im in, pending nothing else breaks on the R30...

This month alone, 2 leaking injectors, arcing spark leads, leaking auto, flatspotted tyres, rear wheel bearings, rear R180 diff mount, big exhaust leak under the auto (fumes in cabin)... It will nearly be cheaper to buy a whole other car!

Good opportunity to re-fit the factory exhaust extraction fan on the manifold... har har

Agreed, its been ages since the last blast in the Zed....count me in!

Chris's 240 is now purring like a kitten after I helped him with a tune up, so there is no excuses from him.  Pick a day and I'll pencil it in.  B)

Cool, I'll pencil in the date.

Took the family for a Sunday drive to Crookwell - Goulburn - Canberra.  Be a great run in the Zed!  It be approx 3 hour run...maybe a little longer depending on the stops.  I'll PM the details if want details.  ;)

Anyone keen to make this a 'Red Shield Day' cruise, with donationsblankets to the Salvos/??/?

I have a few contacts and im sure they would be happy...

Good excuse to go for a blat too.

Suspension has arrived:

JIC adj camber tops

Koni internal adj. struts fro the front, Ohlins progressive rate springs to match

Bilstein rear struts and Ohlins shocks, all came out of an ex-race car in Japland... will have in for testing by the 29th for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

Suppose we should lock in a time etc...

suggest the carpark between Antill street and Maccas in Dickson...ie just in front of Maccas , say 8.45-9.00am..

so whos definite ?

Simon

Scott 1

Scott 2

Spanishroll

Miika ?

Datpilot

Can someone ring Michael F......(Simon ??)

Dingo Dave - passenger ?

Andrew - dorifticon ..

others ??