Hiroshima Screama

Stivva

Got a front chrome bar yesterday and grill. $86 bux from ebay. I don't know if the guy is  a member her, but thanks fella. Took the overriders off and rubber strips and polished the bar up. Came up very nice.

38391450109_medium.jpg

38391450108_medium.jpg

38391450106_medium.jpg

38391450105_medium.jpg

Started to paint the engine bay. I am going with a satin black and will paint the grill in the same colour. I cleared out the passenger side of the bay and roughed it up and hit it with the satin. Also the radiator was removed and I am spraying the area where the hinges are too. I will empty out the drivers side of the bay and get that done tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

My Z is now in one piece more or less.

Brakes work, headlights work, tail lights work, doors open and close.

Its just in primer and satin black. So, I am now on the path to getting it roadworthy and registered.

I will finish up my interior this weekend and hopefully I can take it on a test run to the meet next week.

I am going to paint it once I move, so no need to stress about me leaving it in primer.

post-1675-14402357363_thumb.jpg

Cheers guys! I am doing all the work myself bar the chasis straightening. I paid someone to do that. Lol. I guess the black would be hard to paint in a gloss, but this is just a satin made specially for engine bays and what not, you don't need a clear on it. It is a 2k though. The underside of my bonnet is mint, the top not so much, only because of the old rust and bog. I am covering it in vinyl though.

any good crash shop should be able to do it. I do it at work all the time on crashed falcadores and camrys.

How much $$ would  depend on how many hours the job would take.

If its only a tweak it might take an hour or two to set up and and 10 minutes to straighten

Ask what sort of straightening rack the shop has, If they say global jig or caroliner, they are the better option. If they say floor rack then they will be limited in the adjustments they can make 

Mine took them a day. It was done by Blackwell Bodyworks in Pakenham and cost me $1500.

They had to straighten the car out with the rack, do some cutting and welding and pull out the nose panel that the hinges mount to.

They did a good job and I am happy with the result.

Sound deadener in the rear of the car is not done, and the spare tyre is in too!

Which marks the first car I have had in 6 years to feature a spare, talk about being on the up and up!

I am going to put all the rear plastics and vinyls back in and then make up my false floor and spare wheel cover.

post-1675-144023574391_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

You'd want to make sure you have carpet in the hatch area before you open it up in the sun; reminds me of those solar heaters with all the mirrors! Instant burn!  looking good!

Finally ran it today. I forked out for a new battery and it had no problems starting!

This was the first time I have run it with the new oil and plugs etc. I do have a back fire issue though.

Not being familiar with non-efi can somebody direct me with what to look for. Is this a mixture issue? Or timing???

Oh, also picked up my new woodgrain gearknob, looks fantastic, just to let you know.

Most likely timing.  Back-firing through carby or exhaust.

Carby - timing (valve or ignition)

exhaust - timing or it could be very rich and igniting in the exhaust!  (Could also be one cylinder not firing at all, so mixture getting pumped into exhaust.

Tuning a car is so simple - just get everything spot on and it will be great!!

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to Lurch for fixing up my tuning issues.

I am half way through replacing my heater lines.

Gave her a new layer of paint and assembled the old girl. Also got the vinyl wrap done. AND! Took some shitty photos

post-1675-144023576077_thumb.jpg

I installed my autometer gauges and radio today.

Just have to do the wires for my drivers indicator and parker and a couple of other little things then I will go see whats required for the roadworthy.

post-1675-144023576548_thumb.jpg

post-1675-144023576556_thumb.jpg

post-1675-144023576563_thumb.jpg