Stivva

Hiroshima Screama

I bought this a little while ago from a member on the forum.

It had a hit in the front passenger side and the chassis was twisted slightly.

I stripped it down, tar deadened the floor, dynamatted the interior straightened out the body a little and sent it in to the body shop to have the car straightened out and the panels gapped.

The plan is to make the car like a new car. I have coated the underside of the panels with body deadener, am fitting new rubbers, updating the paint. I have chosen an orange in 2pac thats similar to the original orange but a metallic.

I am going with a black interior but with a tan colour to offset it.

I have a few photos so far.

38391450001_medium.jpg

38391450067_medium.jpg

38391450082_medium.jpg

38391450084_medium.jpg

38391450086_medium.jpg

More as it comes or as I think about it

Got heaps of photos, but will get some decent ones up soon after it's all straightened out. I want the final product to be a cross between traditional styling and more modern jdm, if that makes sense. I may take it to my exhaust shop after it's straightened out as they are right near each other and I am looking for a stainless system.

I used dynamatt on the whole car, you need 2 mega packs which is 18 sheets. I used knh brush on tar deadener on the wholecar before I put the deadener down. And I will use some dynamat under lay before I put the carpet down. Tar was $40, the dynamat was $210 a packet

Just got the phone call. The car is straight and its ready to come home to get prepped for paint.

I had the car all straightened out and I am back to prepping the body for paint and removing rust.

38391450103_large.jpg

38391450102_large.jpg

and lowered in PS for my phones background

38391450104_large.jpg

Cheers dude. I spent the day working on the body to try get her ready for paint. I am keen to order the carbon front air dam from ben and maybe the Flares this week.

I was going to track it every once a while. But I just want something visually loud that offsets the orange paint. Plus I don't have to paint carbon.

Yeah, was meant to pay for it today, but couldn't find my dang credit card.

But, I found it now!

Ok, The air dam is ordered and I am just about ready to prime the car for paint. I have to head to Sydney this weekend, so I doubt it will be done this week.

Started fitting my autometer gauges today. Gonna fit them where the head unit would fit. Got the sender for the water temp in and trying to get the oil pressure sender in. Anyone Got anywhere they fit their senders in the block

Was doing some work on the engine last night, and the was removing the the thernastat cover off the housing. The old bolt snapped off and the the cover shattered. J guess it was just old so I will have to replace that. The water in the block did not seem to be circulating. Could the engine need a New pump, or Does itneed to reach a certain temp?

That's what the thermostat's job. Slowing or virtually stopping the flow of water till it reaches the temp printed on the thermostat itself. Once that temp is reached, it opens and lets the water flow through the engine to the radiator to be cooled, but when the temp of the water gets too cool, thermostat partially closes and slows the water to heat up again. If the engine runs too cool, it loses power and gets shyte fuel economy. Happened to my first 260Z; when I replaced the thermostat, was like chalk and cheese!

Yeah, I understand that. My concern was that the water seemed to get fairly hot still with not much flow. What's the standard running temp on an l28?

Depends on your thermostat temp; Mines around 85ish degrees? sits just over half on the gauge. If you can get a infra-red non contact temp gun, aim at the thermostat housing or rad hose and check.

I got all the Exterior lights working tonight. Found the temp gauge sender wire and started wiring new style terminals in for the connections.

Got alot of the primer down today. I do need to rub it back a little to get it nice and smooth. But its great to see it one colour at last. I need to paint the back of the doors and hatch and get some colour on the door jams.

post-1675-144023569483_thumb.jpg

Got the inside of the doors and hatch primed now. Going to go over the whole outside of the car again with a couple of layers of primer for consistency. I also mounted my new mirrors, which of course will have to come of for paint, but I needed the wholes in there before the paint goes on.

post-1675-144023570662_thumb.jpg