Sign in to follow this  
Toecutter

My 74 2 seater 260 FOR SALE - SOLD

Sulio for putting his car up on the market, and now possibly you for thinking it was directed at you? :P

Hmmmmmmmmmmm Evan

That’s a sharp tongue you have there, when you post “LOSER” straight after someone else’s post, it is generally taken that it refers to the last post or posting member, at least I had the courtesy of enquiring as to whom you may have been referring it to.

Considering it was Sulio, and regardless of what mateship you may enjoy with him I still think it was in poor taste posting “LOSER”, giving up your ride is hard enough and comments like that don’t go down well even if meant in jest.

So have your made up your mind yet, am I “Possibly a LOSER” ?

Regardless of what you reply with, you’ve done the deed and you’ll have 1400+ other opinions as to who is and who isn’t.

John

Hey mate, I got the details for featuring your car on the home page. Did you manage to get some cool photos? Now would be an ideal time to have it on the homepage .

Shame you are selling up, but you can always buy another when you are in a position to. The biggest difference is that when you built the car Auszcar wasn't anywhere near where it is today. Now you have all the contacts and resources to build a similar car relatively easily (I would hope so anyway) so all is not lost.

Hi Gav, nah did'nt get a chance to take the pics, busy on baby room. Can you use some of the pics from my Gallery? Yer I might snap up a cheapo rusty 240 just to have one and just leave it under a tarp until I have the cash to fix it up.

That's great.  Now that I nearly have my Z back on the road, you decide to sell yours!

Yer I've been wondering what happened to your car?

Shame you have to sell it, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do (or what ya missus tells ya  ).

Shes's actually quite keen on it staying.

Sulio, don't have to part with your zee....baby bonu$!!! Think it's about 6K? huh? Cmon....

Hi Dimitri, the buggers pay it in driblles these days. 200 a fortnight from memory!? I thought it was 5K, is it 6K?

Cheers,

Sulio

Shes's actually quite keen on it staying.

Then listen to her!  She is talking sense ;)  Work, buying the new house, my folks moving and the second bub pulled rank over the car.  But now, I have three weeks off work and I am aiming to have it all done (bar the usual "want to fix <insert area of car> one day...").

Yeah, hate the way they do the Baby Bonus in fortnightly payments.  We just finished getting ours and it was about $350 a fortnight.

Yeah baby bonus 5k by fortnightly payments which doesnt help when the unexpected bills come in when things dont quite go to plan.

Yeah Babies sure are costly and definately change your priorities for bit as ive discovered in the last couple of weeks.

Thought of selling mine now too as money has ended up real tight but in a way im kinda lucky its in too many bits to be worth much!!!

Joel, I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to sell them (babies) in this country (or Madonna and Angelina would be out here fighting for them).  You certainly are not allowed to part them out!!!!!!!!

Sulio, sorry to here of your loss.  I'm so glad I got to sit in your beautiful car before it disappears.

Oh ..... good luck with the bambino!!

...if putting :P on the end of something doesn't help describe sarcasim/light heartedness, i dont know what will!

goodluck with the sale sulio, hope you stick around, as otherwise you'll be missed! i know you've got heaps of other things going on, my only thought would be there's only so much of a dent 18g will put in 250g of expeniture, and there's the positives of owning such a car for years to come, but i guess every bit helps huh!?!

Well interesting posts going on here. Evo means no harm Johno. Good luck with the sale Sulio. But as discussed I still reckon you hang onto it. Babies don't cost you that much. I guess it's more the wife not working huh. The finances will turn around. Hey look at boom/bust economy. It is coming good as you will. But either way I am sure we will keep in contact especially for those qtly BBQ's.  :)

Hi Guys,

Yer I won't be going anywhere. Most likely just a matter of time before I start on another old Z which would be fun to start again. Yer Evan, I had a nice chunk of savings in the bank but thats gone and in exchange I've now got a bank loan. No matter all worth it a the house has come up nicely and we should be back to a strong financial position in a year or so but in the mean time I gotta make sure all the bills are covered.

Thanks fella's!

Sulio

sorry to hear you are selling up Sulio,

I hope this doesn't mean you will be dropping off the forum

cheers

Bruce

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update for anybody that might come across this add. I have taken a deposit on the car.

Just FYI I will be in the market for a cheap old rusted out 240 or 260 2 seater that I can store away until my cash flow improves. I just want to ensure I don't get priced out of an early Z when I want to build up another one.

Cheers,

Sulio

So my offer to swap your Z for little Bruce is not a go them . >:(

On the other hand congrats on the sale mate you can always come down for a drive any time you feel the need

regards

Bruce   

Hi Mike,

Yer Lurch's project is tempting but I was thinking about a lower price point, although even the rust buckets are starting to cost over $3k these days. I have a few leads on the go and will enjoy the hunt as there is no rush.

Bruce, my concern is little Bruce may already have picked up on your bad habits!  ;)

Cheers,

Sulio

Shouldn't it up to the new owner to say if he wishes..

He mightn't want it advertised.

I don't think he will care if I say what suburb he's from. To be honest I'm not even sure if it was Glen Waverly but somewhere round there so I'm sure all the local fellas will see the car round the eastern side.

Cheers,

Sulio

Sulio,

I loved your car, but the wife said it was her or your car!  I was still doing the maths when you sold, so I guess I'll keep the wife (or is she keeping me?).

Haha - I'm sure there'll be times you regret that desicion! haha-just kidding.

Well, the CAR IS SOLD! Sad to see it go but there will be another Z in my garage one day. In the short term it might just have to be an old rusty beater. The hunt for a sub $2K 240 begins.

Cheers,

Sulio

congrats btw there is a 240z with v8 on ebay for sub 2k if u havent seen it. "needs bit" of work but thats what u get for sub 2k.

congrats btw there is a 240z with v8 on ebay for sub 2k if u havent seen it. "needs bit" of work but thats what u get for sub 2k.

He claims no body mods have been made, so should be easy to go back to in-line 6 if you wanted.

Sulio, how's fatherhood?  Are your eyes hanging out of your head yet?