Sign in to follow this  
sexual_sushi

Regular Donations

I can't see it, am I looking in the right place? the homepage doesn't seem to show anything different.

Rev

Maybe try Shift F5 (refresh) to see it. Could be a cached version on your machine.

About that quickly apparently

Good to know, it appears to be almost real time.

I decided to use this widget because it saved me having to do it all manually. Seems to be pretty nifty.

16111_0ed0ef71de0a7c1b8310a967e4db21c0344136b8.jpg

Just checked and thought I should mention we received a $50 donation on the 1st of June. Unfortunately I could not add a start amount to the progress bar.

Gav, Does that system use Paypal? Or do you have to register with them?

Payments are done via PayPal. This tool (widget) just pulls data from the PayPal API to display the total amount donated.

just donated $20 yankee dollars

Loui

Thanks mate, and thanks everyone so far. If I had known the response would have been this impressive I would have put this up ages ago.

Yeah I think this might even get more newer members to donate, especially when the bar is really low. It really hits home the constant ongoing costs of the website.

Hey Gav I can't get it to work.

I am on a mac. I have tried Firefox and Safari. Maybe i'm out of luck.

What a top idea, we spoke about this a while back.

I'll chuck a few coins in then.

I think my $12.42 went through,

I like watching the numbers go up - all it needs is pretty lights and if few sounds and I'll be here till 2am!

I'm embarressed to say I've never donated :-[

Looks like I better sign up to PayPal & do the right thing...

Ok so thanks to everyone who has donated so far, it's really appreciated. I've updated you all to donating members (if you weren't already).

So yes I know, if you donate constantly, I currently have no kind of badge to put in place and I do apologise, this is something I want to resolve eventually. For now though I just want to say that I really do appreciate it.

I know our hosting plan isn't the cheapest out there, but so far it's been pretty reliable and quick. Which means less headaches.

Thanks for the on-going support everyone.

Wow guys, I just had a look at the donations and it seems we raised almost double.

$352 of $177 needed for this month. I guess this should cover us for next month too.

Really appreciate it and will review all the donations received and update anyone who needs to be updated to donating member status.

Ca- Ching!! I think that new widget does the trick and donating member status shows that person wants to see this site running, always. More than just a faceless internet site but real honest good folk. Top Work, i'm going to go do a donation to tip it over 200%.  ;D

Wow guys, I just had a look at the donations and it seems we raised almost double.

$352 of $177 needed for this month. I guess this should cover us for next month too.

Really appreciate it and will review all the donations received and update anyone who needs to be updated to donating member status.

Should have done it sooner Gav!!!

Hi Gav,

have you thought about setting up a paypal subscription service?

I've seen it on my360, myps3, mywii. Where it automatically bills members, for donations, over a duration. This option would be useful for the diehard members.

I think the paypal subscription service cost a lot of dough. I checked it out a while ago when I started this thread but remember thinking that the cost of it is about what we need to raise for the website yearly anyways :S

However, if I sold , say a donk for $300,I would think $10-30  to go to the club would be ok, considering the club has the "area" for the sale to take place and its not like its coming out of my pocket but from $$$ coming in from the sale.

Keep in mind that this would be fund raising thing for the club by the club members to help run the club.

Feed back here would be good  :)

I do ask members to make a contribution toward the site if they sold an item as a result of listing it here. I have also considered creating a paid classifieds system and still might in future. Charge a flat rate of $3.00 to list parts and maybe $10 to list cars until sold etc..

On another note, since people have been contributing toward hosting and we have exceeded the target for June, I decided to extend the date to December and that way people can see how much money we need to pay for hosting until the end of the year.

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far the response has been really amazing and I really appreciate it.

I personally don't agree with a surcharge on sales, at this point. We have just introduced a measure which has allowed hosting costs to potentially be covered until end of year (there may be other costs I'm not aware of). The great thing about this site is it's free and cheap (no telling I own a Datsun!), charging more could be risky?