wiper motor

Huw

Hey, I've just got my zed back and was testing my elctrics and everything works except the wiper motor, which draws a charge but doesn't turn......

so i took it apart and had a look at the cog & spindle/screw mechanism, put that in as straight as i could and cleaned it (left motor etc alone as I'm no electrician!). does anyone know whether i should bother with it or just source a new one? has it happened to anyone else?

cheers

huw

If you're getting power to the motor, but the motor isn't working, i'd say just replace it - there are still enough S30's around you should be able to source one somewhere.... can probably even use one out of something else, if you had to.

agreed, once its brook, a used one will cost less than it will cost in time and money trying to fix the broken one...

just like new dvd players these days, if it brakes buy a new one, as a new one is a $100 and to get a elec to look at it will cost 80 plus tiny parts..