Sign in to follow this  
peter t

Peter T's 75 2+2

Ok getting near the end for now. All parts have been replaced with new or recon where possible. Motor has top to bottom rebuild and gear box has been gone over. All new interior with leather inserts on seats and plastic parts covered in matching vinyl. Waiting for roof liner to be done than it will be full steam ahead. Hope to get the motor in over christmas break. Merry Christmas to all.

post-1098-144023554513_thumb.jpg

post-1098-144023554516_thumb.jpg

post-1098-14402355452_thumb.jpg

post-1098-144023554524_thumb.jpg

Very impressive Peter,

Obviously there are still some VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY quiet achievers amongst us here.

Love the interior in particular.

Cheers and a Merry Christmas

John

Hay Pete, how did you paint the rear plasticks? I am about to undertake the same work in a 2+2 and was wondering how you did the rear panel to look so good.

Ta

The rear plastic panels are covered with vinyl.  They were crappy so glued up the cracks and trimmer glued the same vinyl as the rest onto them, They have come up a treat.

Hi,

I have spent the last few days putting all the bits back on the motor. New water hoses and fittings, new vacuum hoses and just look at those 2'' su carbies. I just hope they work ok. Just banged my finger so I am quiting today and trying to type with band aids on my pinkie. Just one thing If anyone can help the hose on the left of the carbon canister doesn't seem to have a home. It is not listed in the manual and was like that when I got the car. Anyway have a look at the pics and let me know if you can help.

Happy New Year.

post-1098-144023554659_thumb.jpg

post-1098-144023554662_thumb.jpg

post-1098-144023554665_thumb.jpg

post-1098-144023554668_thumb.jpg

I think that hose is meant to go to the white vacuum bottle (which isn't fitted), but it may be only on the later model?

Rev.

No it's just usually plugged. The plugs perish which is probably why it has the hose so it can be plugged. I'd post a pic of mine but having dramas getting the pic off my phone.

Here's the pic. Don't think I changed it to this. It says carb on the canister?

post-449-144023554671_thumb.jpg

Maybe clean the out side of the canister as i think it's written on it. It was on mine but being a pre July 1976 car i ripped mine out (and the bracket can make a good catch can thingy)