260z original metallic green pictures, please!

Jospef

I need some inspiration for painting my car (76 260z 2+2). It was originally the metallic green colour, and I'd like to keep it original and re-paint it that same green.

So could I get you guys to post some pictures of metallic green zeds? Pref 2+2's, but anything is good. Thanks!

No worries NZeder, the year is 1976 and I'm after the Emerald green, it's pretty dark. Similar to Thomo's (nice car by the way). Not at all like 260coupe though.

303 Green Metallic (Emerald Green) is the code. I'm pretty much looking for cars that are this colour:

http://zhome.com/History/ZColorGallary/240GreenMetallic.jpg

Cool - ok my zed was originally that colour too. Here is a pic of the car back in the 80's and this is the original paint. Scanned from photos - and we all know what 80's camera's were like so it might not be a true idea of the colour. Also bear in mind pics taken here in NZ = not as much direct sun as you ozzies (but a large hole in the ozone burn time is 10minutes for a whitey like me - when the sun does show up - which it has not really yet - we had 100mm of rain the other night in 6 hours here in Auckland)

Anyway the pics click to larger pic - other pics on my site show the car when I purchased it (after a re-spray lighter metallic green custom, and the colour I have painted now - 907 non metallic green)

thumbs_perviousowner2.jpg  thumbs_perviousowner3.jpg thumbs_perviousowner4.jpg

Very nice car, NZeder. Love that colour. Auckland, hey? Mate, I'll see you in January ;).

260coupe, really nice car. That paint is clean as. Just a bit too light for me.

Zedeven, that's a colour I was considering as well as the emerald. That's kind of the look I'm going for, with the flares and all. Looks great.

Very nice car, NZeder. Love that colour. Auckland, hey? Mate, I'll see you in January ;)

No problem I will be around - working on the zed :) PM when you are likely to be in NZ and we can arrange something.

And if you had not worked out my 260z 76 was originally 240 Metallic Racing Green - not the 303 emerald green.

I actually made a mistake, mine was originally 240H as well. Not sure which colour I like better though. I've got the details of the guy who first bought it off the import dealer, wonder if he's still around?

I'll be in Ak from the 12th of Jan till the 7th of Feb. Where abouts are you located? I'll be in Devonport.

I actually made a mistake, mine was originally 240H as well. Not sure which colour I like better though. I've got the details of the guy who first bought it off the import dealer, wonder if he's still around?

I'll be in Ak from the 12th of Jan till the 7th of Feb. Where abouts are you located? I'll be in Devonport.

I am in Dairy Flat - just a little 20minute drive from Devonport. I am sure we can catchup over that time.

• 9 years later...
On 12/7/2009 at 6:00 PM, 260Coupe said:

Thanks Simon

Mine is 302 metalic Leaf Green, very rare in a two seater I have only seen one other 2str in 302 and that was a '75 model.

post-301-144023550055_thumb.jpg

post-301-14402355006_thumb.jpg

Mine is a 75 coupe and was originally this colour