Sign in to follow this  
garvice

Ron Tyler Diff Mounts

Sorry guys, not technically an event, but it is directed at you queensland guys.

One of the guys on HybridZ has made a bunch of the Ron Tyler diff mounts (you will have to get the rubber mount yourself). He is selling them for $62 shipped to anywhere in the US. I am currently asking him for a price for them shipped to Brisbane. Also asking him for a combined shipping cost incase anyone else wants to jump in on this. Let me know if you are interested.

Brad

Forgot about that.

Probably cheaper for you to order one from the states then drive up from Victoria Lurch. HA!

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=156415

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=144979

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=144475

Here is some pictures from the third thread

Misc.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

rt002.jpg

I often think that there are so many other things I could be putting my time into, that if someone has already made a decent product at a reasonable price then it isn't worth reproducing. Unless of course you have plenty of time, which I know I don't at the moment. (Wow that was a useless rant, sorry).

Damn I need to look on HybridZ more often...

Regarding the shipping, how about seeing if you can get a batch shipped to someone in each state? (I'm happy to deal with SA customers).

I was going to make one of these myself, but for $62USD plus freight, it's probably easier to buy one.

(I'll be using the OEM + bumpstop method)

I am happy to order people some from Queensland, and I will post how much the cost of postage was so you can get an idea of what it will cost you. However if you want some for your state, you will have to organise that yourself.

I have also gotten one from Chris Wood, i was thinking of CADing one and getting it made but didn't see the point

the largest difference is these ones from the US are Stainless Steel instead of Mild so would never rust. I could be interested depending on the price, as the smaller changes make for a nicer part also (main shape is bent instead of 3 pieces welded together, rounds on welded in brace to minimise stress concentration onto side faces, and an extra hole for screwing into the car body)

one thing i don't understand about the brackets (the one i have from Chris also) in general is y they are only using one bolt at the top, instead of 2 or 3?

I am happy to order people some from Queensland, and I will post how much the cost of postage was so you can get an idea of what it will cost you. However if you want some for your state, you will have to organise that yourself.

No problem, just thought I'd ask.

:)

I shall contact Brad on HybridZ directly to arrange purchase.

No problem.

I have PM'd Brad and also responded to the thread. I expect that the more we get in a batch to ADL, the cheaper (relatively) the freight will be.

just sent message to brad while looking into to making one of these mounts i found this supplier that has mount as used in mount

might get better price if we do group buy

https://pontiworld.com.au/energysusp/product_info.php?products_id=42{6}11&osCsid=845820fa4b054a5f0351f59eee047afe

$42.57 aus australian supplier plus freight

just idea

mick

Good call Mick.

I'll be using the insulator method (I like the pinion angle pretty much as-is since I'm L-series).

A worthy piece of info for the S30-V8 crowd.

And duly noted Mick - If I get a positive response I'll bear in mind that you want 2.

:)

Noob question: I have the infamous diff clunk and IIRC I think I was told that it was because of my diff mount being stuffed. Is this a replacement for that part?

It is a redesign of the front diff mount (so essentially it does replace that part). Originally it was designed as an improvement to the original leather strap, an easy way to relocate the front of the diff lower to better suit the V8 guys driveline angles and a way of giving an almost solid mount but without the harshness. The V8 guys relocate the front of their diffs lower by using a thick GM mount, I will be looking at getting a thinner mount to keep my original driveshaft angles.

I thought you bought a front diff mount from Dat2kman?

Didn't you post a drawing of the part?

Are you sure your clunk is from the front rising under acceleration?

How are your driveshaft/halfshaft unis?

***UPDATE***

I have no update...

:(

(I shall send another PM on HybridZ to see how we're looking for freight)

I was under the impression that the part I purchased from Dat2kman was a replacement for the rubber strap, not the diff mount. I havent fitted it yet I was just curious as to whether I should invest in this part as well since I'm sure my actual diff mount is stuffed.

I had a look at your drawing again, it does appear to only stop the vertical movement (does not look like it attaches to the diff). If your frount mount is ok and your just running you stock L6 you can probably get away with just replacing your rear mount.

***UPDATE for MickM***

I have a quote for shipping 2 units via UPS, but it's expensive. HybridZ Brad  (RoostMonkey) is seeking alternative quotes and will also be looking into the economies of shipping 4 in one package.

Stay Tuned!!!