Toecutter

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. 09 and only using 3&4 gears , hugely impressive

After just being there and doing a 1.11.5 and getting into 5 down the main straight,I changed into 5 before the finish line,my rev limiter stops me from exceeding 6200rpm, your engine must be revving to buggery , what does she rev too

I am running A t56  6 speed behind a LS1 with slight race cam developing 335rwhp

What are your tyres semi or slicks and what width [235 x40 x 16  ?? ]

What type of rotors and calipers, vented etc

I would love to know so I can improve

i forgot to mention that my car is the 240z with the extra wide rear end...number 43

7000rpm -  if you have changed your cam you would have also changed your valve springs to doubles. My motor has 230000kms on it. New cam springs and oil pump only. It now also has a massive exhaust (twin 3 inch).

Running 255/40r17 r888 on 8.5" rota wheels. Hilux calipers with machined down s13 disks on front, standard on rear.

I only have limited footage from my last day down there but my first out lap showed as 1.10 and as you will see, tyres were still warming and I was black flagged (they thought I was dumping oil from the smoke coming from the car - it was just the paint on the exhaust burning in)

Was also plagued with a electrical gremlin and a not so accurate tune. Will upload the vid to you tube now.

Basically we have the same set up brake wise,cam , springs and even the 3" exhaust and funnily approx. the same km's on motor

It was my first time at Wakefield so was pretty stoked at my times ...40.4 sec for the short track

Especially being only the second time in the car , the other being on Fri. before Sunday Nats.

The brilliantly presented orange 600z has the Arizona brake upgrade so I am investigating this option.

It surely has to be a huge improvement compared to running the Hilux conversion, our horsepower surpasses the stopping capabilities of them.

The r888 are slicks or semis?

Chev Z.  Your zed looks awesome with the wide body.  I walked past expecting to see a 350 chev or similar just from the  sound, it sounds awesome.  I am running the Hilux calipers and R31 rear disk setup (I had the silver and black 260Z with bolt on flares) and I found the Hilux calipers weren't so much the problem, it was more the pads I was using.  Agreed the Hilux calipers aren't the best option, but for a cheap bolt on upgrade, they are pretty bloody good. 

The AZC Willwood setup are brilliant and with the conversion rate for then U.S dollar at the moment, I am really wishing I had the coin for it.

A quick event report.  I only entered the Track Day part of the 2011 Datsun Nationals so I decided to drive up from Canberra on the day rather than stay in Goulburn.  I spent some time before the event getting the car ready (bolt check, oil changes, fix a rear damper issue, etc).

Arrived at Wakefield at about 8am to find way more cars than I thought would be taking part, which was great for the event itself but made scrutineering a bit hectic.  The organisers split the day into two parts, in the morning half the competitors would do the hillclimb while the rest did the short track and then after two runs the two groups would swap over.  In the afternoon, it was the full racetrack.  Having never driven the short track or the hillclimb I felt I didn’t really get the right lines sorted out but was reasonably happy that the car did have any issues other than some heat soak in the SU fuel bowls for the first run on the hillclimb.

After what I thought was an extended lunch break (reduced that time on the track for everyone), the full track sessions started.  Overall I was pretty happy with how it went and set a time roughly what I was aiming for.  According to a few people at the presentation dinner, I managed to do enough to win my class, although I thought I saw someone else in the same class lapping faster than me.

I’m a little surprised that somehow even though 3 sessions by 4 laps (including the warm-up laps) is 12 laps total, a few drivers managed more than 12 laps on the timing system.  Either they were double-entered cars and forgot to change the timing devices or they were getting more than their share of the track time... 

Managed to meet a few of the forum guys (sco_aus, GongZ, BenZed) which was great!  :)

A few thankyous;

The Sydney Z Car Club – For hosting the event this year

All the Officials and Volunteers – Without them we can’t go racing

Capital Steering and Suspension – For their ongoing  support

Last but not least My Wife – For her understanding when I spend so much time in the shed

If anyone has any photos of the Blue 240Z with 49 on the side I'd love some copies, please PM me.

DAZDA , if your number plates read YFY E40 go to the NDSOC facebook site , it's a bit hard to read your race number but I think thats your Z...67 pics of alsorts

I was one of the luckier ones who recieved extra track time, my electric lap timer malfunctioned, so they gave me a rerun.

I'm positive my first run was easily my fastest, he says with tongue firmly planted in cheek..lol