Toecutter

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

has anyone from here actually filled in the rego form and paid monies to the sydney Z club...(form avail from www.datnats.com.au)..  www.zcarclub.com.au/nationals.html

I noted that its $100 for display, dinner & polo shirt if you pay by end of jan, then it jumps to $130.

whos going ?

I attended the 20th Anniversary event in Brisbane in 1990 - sorry about the drool on your front fenders Mick (zed240au), but that's what you get for leaving your bonnet open!

I assume that the Nationals are only held every 2 years - hence the 40th is being held 21 years after the 20th.

Whilst my Z will not be ready, I plan to attend and meet some of you people.

My daily drive currently wears my 240Z's number plates - so part of my car will be there at least.

• 3 weeks later...

My old mate, erstwhile rapid rally driver, winner of the 1988 NSW StaTe Rally Champs and current President of the Z Car Club NSW, wants us to know that this event is DEFINATELY on, and that entries are closing real soon, once thay have sorted all entries out, they will be contacting all to advise further.

The track day will incorporate two events a hillclimb and a lapdash/sprints, so at the entry fee asked, is good value.

yes there will be some that say it is too pricey, but look at the event as a "whole" package of Nissan Datsun Bi-Annual Loving and Appreciation!

My apologies if this sounds like a silly questions, but can you just enter the track day section or do you have to enter the event (concourse, presentation dinner, etc) and then enter the track day section as well?  The entry form doesn't make this clear.

• 1 month later...

I hope I haven't bit off more than I can chew ,I have entered the track day with only approx. 24 days to go and are yet to have guards fitted and painted, let alone track tested car.

Apparently about 60 cars are entered for the track day, so should see plenty of suspension /brakes setups

Who else from Vic. is going?

If all goes well see you at the Z NATS

P.S. the organisers that I spoke to were very helpfull....welldone

FYI

For those heading up to Gloulburn for the Zed Nationals, a large contingent of Zed "heads" from Melb and Sydney are staying at Trappers (plenty of parking, bar, pool etc and close to everthing)

Rooms are filling fast 

Best Western A Trappers Motor Inn

www.trappers.com.au

P.O. Box 267 Goulburn, NSW, 2580

ph: 02 48225445

fax: 02 48225440

GET YOUR ENTRY IN NOW!!!

2011 Nissan Datsun Nationals

If you haven’t already sent your entry in for the Nationals,

IT NEEDS TO BE NOW!!!!!

Call me as soon as possible if you want to attend

Nationals Entry Form & Track day Registration Forms are on website at

http://www.zcarclub.com.au/nationals.html

You can save the forms to your computer or print directly from website

More Information - detailed itinerary, entrants list, Concours categories & track classes will be emailed to entrants next week.

GOULBURN POST ARTICLE

http://www.goulburnpost.com.au/news/local/news/general/its-dat-time-of-year-again/2117840.aspx

Donna

The Marulan Driver Training Centre is booked for us on Good Friday for us as a test and tune day.

$100 per car.(+30 unless you have a CAMS L2S)

A great way to shake down your car before the Sunday Wakefield day.

Also a good oportunity for interstaters to sample another track.

Just send Gary an e-mail to reserve a spot.

http://www.mdtc.com.au/contactus/index.php

Marulan Driver Training Centre is about 20km north of Goulburn ad easy to find.

Think I'll cruise down on the Sunday to check this out. Was hoping to take the zed but with the grief I'm having putting engine back together may be a little optimistic taking it on a couple of hundred kilometer round trip test run. I'll have to take the wife's Murano instead to keep with the Nissan theme.

If there any members of the forum heading up to the Zed Nationals on Thursday from Melbourne and wish to join us, NDSOC Members are meeting at BP Wallan (exit off the freeway) at 10am on Thursday for the convoy up to Goulburn

cheers

Alan

for any Canberrans, Im meeting Scott (260z) at 7.00am on Saturday at the petrol station carpark ,  intersection of Antil St (northern end) and start of the federal hwy...(next door to formula1 motel)..if anyone wants to tag along.

my mob is 0408 770100

As i stated, I only had 24 days to finalise my 240z [ 2 years in developing] so I could participate in the z nationals .Farming and play lead to little sleep ,especially at sowing time which is Now.

Firstly the fiberglass guards were installed and the rears bonded to the original fenders after cutting them back by 3.5 inches.

Then off to the wheel alignment place to do a basic race suspension setup. Resulting in custom tie-rodsbeing manufactured and installed [ approx. $400 ]. This enables 4 deg. of camber.i had previously converted and installed ford xb castor rods which has enabled initially to have 2 deg. castor

To fill the guards out so they won't look like an empty tent,I purchased 25mm spacers for the front in conjunction with 245x40x17 semi slick tyres.The rears created there own problem and 45mm spacers were custom made and in cohoots with 275 x 40 x17 sem slicks fill the guards out magnificently.

The idea of using spacers on a race car didn't sit well with me but over $2000 for custom made rims forced me into this way

Took the car to the painter for a quick, and I mean quick , lick of paint and some body smoothing/blending filler for the fiber panelswhere they attached to the steel guards.

Then it was back to the suspension place to set car up height and weight wise

With only 2 days till testing on good friday, which will be my initial test and only practise day,I am under  the pump.

So TOday.

Installed new fuel filler location, windscreen wiper, gearshift boot, battery/fuse cover panels, headlight guards with the chrome surrounds [ they look sweet as ], mount fire extinguisher and headlight low/ high switch.

Oh yeah raced [actually went quite sedately, I needed a break] to town sometime in amongst that to pickup Blue Hawk brake pads which I will fit first thing Fri  morn. before we track test the car.

OH yeah in between work and car stuff we also modified the car trailer with longer and wider ramps and redesigned the rear of trailer to accomodate the 196cm rear track width

The good news being that the Z basically is ready.

Perhaps not to go at race speed , but should be atleast 80 to 85 %.

Hopefully so  will I.

To those who haven't left yet see you at Wakefield Park...If tomorrow is successful

What an awesome day.  My PB was 1:14.0 and could be a lot better.  I came first in my class, though I think they gave me the wrong trophy when they couldn't find it. :P  I'm pumped to go and enter more events now.

There was some fantastic Dattos there and a big turn out for the racing.  We had quite a good turn out from the forum.  Big thanks to Z Car Club of Sydney for running the event, it went pretty smooth. 

I'll post any photos I have in the Nationals photo thread soon.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,9162.0/topicseen.html

on r888's I have managed to get into the 1.09's, even with my shitty hilux calipers, with wait for it, towing spec pads. I still don't consider myself a great driver down there either. I think with my bigger brakes (shit I better do something about that soon) I would be a .07-.08 and with some head work maybe a .06.

Getting scary speed though at this point, still have to have time for a proper full rollcage