Zcar Nationals 2011 - Goulburn

Toecutter

Posted on behalf of ZCAR Club of Sydney:

Welcome all                                                                                                   

The Members and Committee of the ZCAR Club of Sydney are pleased to extend your Personal Invitation to the 2011 ZCAR Nationals

open to all Nissan/Datsun Vehicles to be held in,

Goulburn NSW and Hosted by the ZCAR Club of Sydney,

The naming of the event is to commemorate the 240Z - 40th anniversary

and the 11th anniversary of the ZCAR Nationals in 2011.

www.zcarclub.com.au

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find it strange that although it is pitched firmly as a "Z" nationals, it is still "open to all Nissan/Datsun Vehicles".

If it is to be a "Z" event, why invite others ? The more cynical might suggest that "all Nissan/Datsun Vehicles" are invited (perhaps tolerated might be a better word) purely to make the event more financially viable ?

There is no way they can win. The 2009 event was made totally open with no focus on Zeds. We received complaints from Zed owners saying it was not focused enough and still received compaints from other nissan and datsun owners saying it was Zed focused.

There is no way they can win. The 2009 event was made totally open with no focus on Zeds. We received complaints from Zed owners saying it was not focused enough and still received compaints from other nissan and datsun owners saying it was Zed focused.

Guys,

Just as a matter of interest, are we on this site the equivelant of the two old farts in the Muppets who used to sit in the balcony and just watch the world go by?

Why dont we hold an event in Melbourne in 2011 ? and if its a matter of money, well Im going to jump from that balcony and kick things off, I will tip in a $1000 in 2010 before the event to help finance it because I well intend to have my Z finished by then and it would be a privelage to have it along side the many other fine examples ppl are working on here.

Now you can all let the knives start flying saying it would be imposible for us to do so........

John

My opinion is that there are not enough Zs to make an event just a Z event. I mean, I spent 2-3 hours at Warwick for the car show this year. If it was only Zs, I would have made the huge drive just for 1 hours worth of viewing. Yeah right! Some of my favourite looking cars at the nationals were actually 1600s/510s.

My opinion is that there are not enough Zs to make an event just a Z event. I mean, I spent 2-3 hours at Warwick for the car show this year. If it was only Zs, I would have made the huge drive just for 1 hours worth of viewing. Yeah right! Some of my favourite looking cars at the nationals were actually 1600s/510s.

Yeh i have to agree.

Zeds are my fav datsun nissan but i think a show of all the same model of car might be a bit boring

I owned a datsun 1200 before i had my 240z and was a regular on datsun1200.com they seemed to think all zed drivers are prats. I would like to prove them wrong

• 5 months later...

e-mail recieved:

Z CAR CLUB SYDNEY Inc.

2011 ZCAR NATIONALS update report.

This will be a periodical update report on our progress as we prepare for the event planned for Easter 2011. being staged in Goulburn NSW by the hosts, the ZCAR Club of Sydney.

Progress for the program thus far:

FRIDAY’S WELCOMING;

Preliminary discussions taking place now regarding the Venue, Catering etc. which will be more positive as indication of the number of Participants are better known.

SATURDAY’S CONCOURS; (and breakfast)

We have successfully had Approval with our bookings for the Saturday Concours in the City Square which includes the use of the Central Pack complete with Road Closures, signifying this specific event by the Goulburn City Council.

Deposits have been paid and further regulatory requirements are required as we get closer to the event like proof of separate Public Liability Insurance and the normal assurances of Care, Cleanliness and Behavior etc. because we are guests and the event is open to the Public.

SATURDAY EVENING: TBA

SUNDAY’S RACE DAY;

We have also successfully had Approval with our bookings for the Sunday Race Day at Wakefield Park Raceway, complete with all of the Track Facilities and Safety Equipment and the assurance of the use of their nominated Insurance Coverage for our Participants, Volunteer Marshals and the Public.

Deposits have been paid and also as with the council certain Regulations have to be adhered to along with the Racing Regulations including Conduct of all attending.

SUNDAY’S BUS TOUR;

Preliminary discussions taking place now regarding Tour Venues.

SUNDAY’S PRESENTATION DINNER;

Preliminary discussions taking place regarding Venue, Catering, Shuttle Bus etc. which once again will be booked as we get closer and a better indication of participant numbers are known.

Please Note;

We have enlisted the services of a Goulburn local “Special Events Organizer”

Megan Barnham, whom I worked with developing our 2005 Nationals, and because of her close associations and her reputation in organizing several successful events has placed us in a more advanced position with more achieved earlier than 2005.

Megan as well as our Negotiating Communicator with Council/Wakefield/Venues/Bus tours etc. is totally responsible for all of the Accommodation Bookings! This is most important as the Discount is Paying for our Saturday’s Breakfast at the Concours (by the local Lions Club or similar.)

I am currently constructing a “Critical Path Analysis” to include all important action groups and responsibilities and identifying where volunteers will be invited to assist and lend a hand to make this event more pleasurable for all

We are also sending “Personal Invitations” to all of the Qld. Nationals Entrants/Nisan Datsun Sports Owners Club-Vic./the Sydney Datsun Club/the 300ZX Club Association as well as our Members and have now posted the official notification on our Home Page, please check for Updates.

More to follow, Cheers for now;

Les 260

Pres of Vice. 

Hey Lurch,

Everything you said was fine except where you generalise about Z owners with grey hair not wanting to see other Nissan Datsun models.  You young blokes don't have a mortgage on liking other models apart from the Z and I think you will find that quite a few 'grey haired' Z owners would like to see the whole range of Nissan/Datsuns on display (As there was in 2005).

Cheers

Geoff  :)

The short sightedness of the Sydney Z Club is just amazing...

As an owner of an "other" datsun, I agree 100%. Surely if ALL nissan/datsun vehicles are to be not just invited, but also welcomed, it wouldn't be too hard to make them feel welcomed.

I realise you can't please all the people, all the time, but it can't be too hard to see the amount of ill-feeling generated by the current proposed event format (from the name of the event, its stated aim, right thru to the proposed classes). Not just amongst the owners of so-called "other" models, but also among plenty of "Zed" owners I have spoken to as well.

Last nationals we had the same problem. Some people want the even limited to zeds so the classes become simple. Other people want it open to all models. My suggestion is to make it open for all models but only make models eligible for a specific class if there are more than a minimum number of that model attending.

In other words the organisers work out how many participants with each model are needed before it is feasible to have a class for them. I suspect it would be between 5-10. So participants with models with less than that attendance would still be eligible for general classes ("best at show" etc and maybe a catch all class of "unusual cars") but to be eligible for a particular class there would need to be a siginificant number of them attending.

This methodology could apply across the entire range of models, thus not excluding anyone.

Gee could be difficult to get those sort of numbers for Nissan Silvia Coupe Csp311, Prince Skyline GTA/GTB, Datsun Coupe 240K's and Roadster Fairlady's just as an example, they in my opinion still have a right to be classed and judged regardless of numbers IMO Lynton 8)

I agree with the sentiment. But then where do you draw the line. There would end up being a class for a single entry of particular models and you'd end up with 100 different classes. Its a bit like those participation awards in primary school.

Maybe the minimum number could be lower, I guess trophies don'e cost much. but anything 2 or less is a joke cause then you are garunteed a place.

I was awarded best 280zx in 2005 amongst a field of about 5 and I felt guilty then.

Also don't forget about the logisitics during the awards. It would be a really long night if you awarded 2 places for each and every datsun model.

Perhaps a boycott? I know that

most of the Sydney zed club members are good people, I don't understand how this could even have been thought of? We are talking about not allowing people who share the same passion about their datsun that any datsun zed owner does, yet they are just abandoned for whatever reason. That's not on and what was going to be my first event in my zed is looking to be a waste of time. If it is because of logistical reasons like having to make different classes, then ask for help... But if it is flat out arrogance, I know where I won't be next Easter!