Sign in to follow this  
ChiprZ

Bolt sizes

I need to get some new bolts for the car(s) and unfortunatly i don't have a thread gauge to check the size.  Is anyone able to tell me the size of the bolts for the rear bumper (the bit underneath the tail lights)?

I don't suppose there is a list of every bolt size for the car (like an electrical wiring plan sort of thing)... no doubt there will be a fair few bolts to replace due to damaged thread or simply lost

Cheers

Chris

Bolts for the zed are all metric, for the rear bumper, I think they are M10 x 30mm 1.25 thread pitch. Alot of the large bolts on the zed are a metric fine. Not many are the standard metric course.

Thanks Dimitri...

I ended up taking the original bolts to Bursons and they had a thread gauge, and the sizes matched what you said (M10 x 20mm 1.25 thread).

They didn't fit that easily into the car, but with a little force i managed to get them in...

One lovely thing to buy when you are restoring your zed is a nice full metric tap and die set with all the ones you need. It's great for clearing all the tapped threads in the body when they are full of crap.

yup, gotta agree with that.

A decent set shouldnt set you back any more than about $80, and they are incredibly handy things if you have a knack for building things...