NDSOC Show & Shine

Thomo260

Just got my newsletter from the Nissan Car Club and they have been invited to the annual Nissan Datsun Sports Owners Club Show and Shine (Concours d' Elegance). They have also invited the Sports Roadsters Club, Classic Skylines and Prince Skyline Register. Maybe AusZcar could get an invite aswell, as this is an opportunity for members of all clubs to display thier vehicles and promote their particular club.

Event details:

Sunday November 15th 2009

9.30am to 3.00pm at New Quay- Docklands

Entry $5 per vehicle

I have contact details if you like?

We (Auszcar) have a big BBQ and car display booked in 5/12/09 for all the Zed owners in Melbourne. Some might even travel from interstate this year. Depends on whether you like showing the car off to the mass's or just other like minded enthusiasts. Having said that I dare say some members will rock up to the Docklands. But if you have to decided between one or the other we are aiming for more than 26 Zeds this year.  :-)

• Moderators

One good thing about the Docklands show and shine if you are thinking about selling your zed, that is a good place to advertise.. Sold a zed of mine at Southbank a few years ago; was a crappy rainy day to boot!

i'll mark it in my calander to come down and have a look

my can't won't be there though (ofcourse...) might have a panel thats been painted with a roller for anyone to look at who's interested (more likely to bring it to the bbq, and ride to docklands if the weather is nice)

Guys

Unfortunately due to public liability constraints as stipulated by Melb City Council and ING (Docklands management) , the NDSOC is restricted to inviting only car clubs and its financial members covered by their respective club's PL Insurance. 

Alan

Guys

There is no "exclusivity" here ???, the MCC and ING property management clearly state that all attendees must be covered under their respective club's Public Liability ($10million), hence why the NDSOC was restricted to only inviting incorporated car clubs with financial members covered by the club's PLI............this is now the norm for all public space displays within the City of Melb.

As such any financial members of NDSOC, NCCA, CSA or DSRCV are welcome to attend, if AusZcar was to incorporate and take up PLI then of course all would be invited.

My hands are tied..............or you could become a financial member of any one of the invited clubs  :-X

Dave, Alan is quite correct. PLI is sadly a necessary evil these days... :(

FWIW Alan are non NDSOC, NCCA, CSA, DSRCV people allowed to attend in a Zed as long as they are financial members of an Inc. Car Club under the AOMC banner?

Sorry guys...must be the fact that i've now been up 46 hours without sleep and jetlagged! the exclusivity I was referring to was the Public Liability and red tape that seems to hinder just about everything...we are chained to the 'man' and there's litlle we can do about it!  In no way was I referring to NDSOC or any other club.

Rev.

WELL! Drink more COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE

COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE

COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE...!

fry_coffee.gif

;D

insurances are annoying but neccesary...

I believe "we" may be able to obtain PL insurance for one off events..it should be fairly easy for things like car shows which are static events..

Or we may be able to obtain roaming cover, which may cover us for say 10 events at different locations/states for a 1 year period..

Next time Im talking with our work insurance brokers ,I'll ask them what the "go" is..

• 5 weeks later...

Without trying to create a sh*tstorm of controversy

The other obvious option open to any body wanting to display their Zed is to join the NDSOC on the day  ::)......... :-X........ you will then be eligible for trophies and be covered under the club's PLI and have membership until Dec 2010.

I went along with a couple of mates around 2pm, and while i didn't see anyone from the club i did see the cars, looked great!

is technoz's anyone on here?

my only disapointment was the lack of atleast one of each GTR, particually r35, and was surprised by the lack of any 350z's