Sign in to follow this  
Toecutter

BBQ lunch in memory of Warren John Halliday - edit* Sun 18 Oct 2009

Hi Guys,

Sadly as most of you know Warren Halliday one of Auszcars committed Victorian members past away on September 18, 2009 from Melenoma. He was 58. As his funeral was held in Adelaide Warrens wife Kay thought it appropriate to hold a BBQ in memory of Warren for the Auszcar guys. Warrens son, Craig, will be in Melbourne for the BBQ. He lives in SA and has inherited Warrens restored 240z, so it will be a good chance for him to meet some Z guys.

update 11 Oct 2009: I checked out the BBQ's on the river at Footscray Park today and noticed there is a new park also on the river just across the road, (Jensen Reserve) on the corner of Farnsworth Ave and Meyers Rd in Maribyrnong (river entrance of Edgewater Estate).

Car parking is excellent, heaps of room for cars and right at the BBQ's, alot of room for the kids for those thinking about bringing the family down. I spoke to Kay Halliday today and she was happy with the slight change in location although it's directly across the road from Footscray Park.

The park is also just across the road from the Footscray Edgewater Cricket Ground, (Mervyn G Hughes Oval), very easy to find.

I believe the Melway ref from my Melway Internet search is map 2S F2.

The BBQ will be at 11:00am on (edit* changed from Saturday 17th to Sunday 18th of October).

Food and soft drinks will be provided.

For the guys that can make it can make it please reply to this post so we can work out how much food we need to organise.

See you there.

Sulio 

f44fc1111b994f548ff8afced3348035.jpg

97678a219fbe45918c3c79564750e1b9.jpg

I will be there for sure. Hey Rev maybe you might want to say a few words on behalf of us all in prayer on the day? 

Craig, I think that something to the point and appropriate might be a great way to respond, it would be a privilege to be involved.

Rev.

Hi Guys,

I spoke to Kay yesterday and she asked if we could move the date to the next day the Sunday the 18th. I'll edit the first post. I hope this still works for you guys.

Sulio

Hi Guys,

A quick update to clarify some finer details for next Sunday's BBQ.

I checked out the BBQ's on the river at Footscray Park today and noticed there is a new park also on the river just across the road, (Jensen Reserve) on the corner of Farnsworth Ave and Meyers Rd in Maribyrnong (river entrance of Edgewater Estate).

Car parking is excellent, heaps of room and right at the BBQ's, alot of room for the kids for those thinking about bringing the family down. I spoke to Kay Halliday today and she was happy with the slight change in location although it's directly across the road from Footscray Park.

The park is also just across the road from the Footscray Edgewater Cricket Ground, (Mervyn G Hughes Oval), very easy to find.

Of coarse all Auszcar members are welcome as it will be a chance for us all to give Tom Halliday, our late Warren Hallidays son a warm welcome to the club.

I believe the Melway ref from my Melway Internet search is map 2S F2

Current list of attendee's:

Sulio

Lurch

Kyle

Rev

Craig

John

Sachi

Loui

any others I should add to the list?

So see you guys there at 11:00am this Sunday 18th October.

Craig it will be a good idea to have our Auszcar banner up. I'll follow that up not sure if it's with you or Lurch atm?

Sulio

I will be there.

Will have spare seats if any other Ballarat people want to come along, Rob, Tommo, scoot are you guys interested. ???

Good to hear guys. Evan, we should have it covered just bring anything special you might want to drink otherwise softdrink provided.

Sulio

Sulio

Lurch

Kyle

Rev

Craig

John

Sachi

Loui

Evan

Dimitri

Dale, (Rob, Thomo?)

Scoota

Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it. I've just bought a house and will be moving in a week so have to pack up my rental this weekend.

Good news is that I'll finally have a garage to fit my Z's in.. Plus a few others  :D

Great, updated list:

Sulio

Lurch

Kyle

Rev

Craig

John

Sachi

Loui

Evan

Dimitri

Dale, (Rob, Thomo?)