Man this is doing my head in

waxhead

Just call Warren at All Z Parts, he will supply the parts mate.

Telephone: 02 9484 8257

He is in hornsby Sydney, but will ship them to you. 

It would help if you could supply more info on your diff.  Some have 27 spline, some have 29 i believe there might even be a 31 spline diff.  All this will have an effect on what CV shafts will fit into your diff. To find this out, you would need to either pop the correct shafts out of the side of the diff pumpkin and count the number of splines on the shaft, or alternatively, open the diff up and count the number of splines on the inside of the diff centre.

Now that I have said all that, you wont be able to bolt the other end of the shaft to the back of the hub.  Warren will supply the correct flanges which will have to be cut and welded to the current flanges on the back of your hub. Which means the flange at the back of the hub, will need to be cut off for the other one to be welded on. 

Another alternative is to spend around $1000 on the Wolf Creek racing ones out of the states, they bolt on to what you have now, google them.  It is the easiest one to do, but probly a bit more expensive.  I have this setup...  Tis good so far.

Better than 25 year old used CVs with no warranty..

Im not worried, i will be buying new cv joints

Im just wondering if r200 ones are all the same but i see that they comes in different spline counts so i will see what spline count i have and then see what cv joints fit

i got r200 from dr30 skyline import diff used 300zx z31 cv axles with this diff in my 240z they slip straight into diff bought adaptors to fit them to 28 spline 260z stub axles here is install story

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/xtrainfo/z31-cv-conversion.pdf

i used some adaptors that guy in melbourne made up

mick

Most R200 require 29 spline inputs, this is both short nose and long nose. There are few exceptions. The ones I know about are.

S15 R200 from the 6 speed cars have the Helical LSD centres these have 31 splines for the input.

R32 R200 GTR Clutch LSD (might also be o nthe R33 and R34 but not sure) these have 31 splines for the input.

Most opens are 29 spline. If you are taling R230 that is a different ball game right there.

I think the new Subaru that uses the R200 is the same as the S15 helical unit = 31 splines on the input.

All the VLSD I have seen (all short nose R200) have 29 splines but Z31/R30 axles will not work as they don't have the longer input to engage the VLSD centre = use these axles with a VLSD = you have an open diff still.

I have seen after market Helical LSD centres for the R200 with 29 spline inputs (I have 2 of the Balltec versions, and a mate here as another non quaife helical unit with 29 splines. I also have an OBX Helical LSD centre installed in my 4.11 long nose R200. The OBX centre is for a S13/S14 short nose open diff and it has 29 splines for the input)

So most have 29 spline input from what I have found. I have not heard of a R200 with 25 spline inputs ever. R180 yes R200 no.

I used a 29 spline R33 GTST Cusco 2 way LSD centre.  I was told it wouldn't work, but the boys in

Canberra can vouch it locks like a bitch when turning sharp, thats with the original input shafts and the wolf creek racing CV conversion setup.