Sign in to follow this  
OZ001

could this work?

alright *flame suit on* does anyone know if a L28 head and a RB30 bottom end will work together?? or is it a useless set up? *keeping flame suit on*

Bore spacing is the same, head bolt location is the same that is about it. Oil and water galleries way off, belt timing setup vs chain. I believe others have made a RB crank girdle fit a L28 block. But the heads is a major job - I guess someone with the right skill, access to the right machine shop/tools and time something could be attempted.

The question would be why? If the above is known it is likely cost either a packet (someone else doing it) or a lot of time/trial and error for how much gain? If you want a larger stroke get a custom L6 crank made or purchase one of the fully counter weighted units from Japan (big $$)

I guess the question is what would make you consider this - then can this be achieved via easier methods? ie LD28 block is taller allowing for a larger stroke then there is the issue of the bore as the LD28 is only 84 (or the like) and not much room for more = needs to be sleeved $$ engineering again.

If you are after a bigger displacement I believe back in the 80's someone build a 3.4L L6 using lost of custom parts - again anything is possible with good skill and budget at hand.

its just an idea i came across, ive seen too many rb25/rb30 and rb26/rb30 TT. recently i found a RB26/RB30 N/A in a S30 in Japan.

Rocky-Auto yellow S30z by any chance ;)

I can understand that too many DET and DETT comment - see my sig for what I am doing and look at my thread in the members Journal for pics of my engine ;)

why bother trying to put that head on something newer??? i got 25/30 so easy to do

easy to do but too common, i dont want something that someone has already done then a thousand more people do it afterwards.