Classic Japanese

The other issue here is the five cylinder modification.

Audi, Volvo and Ford(Focus Turbo) have proved it works, It may not be the case with Nissan, yet, but persevere!

Sorry couldn't resist,

But, look at releiving the rocker cover air pressure build up, as the drainbacks to engine are pretty small, and the crankcase breather is also quite restricted, especially if it wasn't removed and cleaned thouroghly ( gauze pack) at last engine rebuild.

Worst case scenario is it could be head gasket, but I doubt this, as the main oil gallery feed from block to head is between No 3 and 4, this pic is showing weep around five!

I drill them out a little( oil restrictor plug at block deck surface) to give better oil delivery/volume to upper end, but, pay attention to oil return into block, and, oil pressure from pump.

No oil in the water, no water in the oil. Haven't had a chance to pull the plugs to see if oil in combustion chambers (Away from car for few days), it was also running really well so wouldn't have caught it if I didn't pop the bonnet. I did catch it within 30 seconds though. I am hoping it is just a really bad leak, HA! Got to live in hope. It has been weeping for a while, but this time a fair bit of oil came out from the other end of the block.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, bit more info on the event being held on SUNDAY 28 FEBRUARY 2010

Its open to all Japanese vehicles built upto and including 1985.

Costs to enter your car into the show is $10 per car up to 2 cars or $25 for three and over owned by the same person.

Gates open to the entrants from 7.30am and spectators from 9am. Its free to spectate.

Venue : EARNSHAW STATE COLLEGE Cnr Earnshaw and Tuffnell Rds Banyo 4014. UBD Map 121 Ref E11

Food and drink stall will be available.

Here is a chance to show off your older ride no matter what condition to the rest of the Japanese enthusiast community.

There will be trophies: peoples choice, encouragement, and a couple more. So don't be shy come on out and show off your pride and joy.

If you want more info ring Marek 0418 410 443 or email to rx7s2@optusnet.com.au

Tim 0413 812 204 or email tntholland@optusnet.com.au

Alan 0416 312 189 or email rscra@dodo.com.au

Please note too this is open to anything Japanese pre 1985 built. Motorbikes, Tractors, Forklifts, rockbreakers, Trucks, people, etc etc.

I'll keep everyone posted with more info on the June event when it gets closer, Cheers Miss Datsun

• 1 month later...

Might be a few heading off to Warwick  to Morgan Park racing circuit. HRCC qld is running a test and tune on the Saturday, and Supersprints on the Sunday on 27 and 28 march.

Thats if you are keen to actually drive a car on the track legally and quickly, rather than showing a car statically.

check out events page on hrcc dot org dot au.

So how was it?

I was going to come have a look but I picked up a front cut sat morning and was hoping to have it fully stripped yesterday but it ended up going into today. Man new cars have kms of wire and acres of plastic.

Yeah not many cars but not too bad for a first event. That little 60's Mazda Cosmo was awesome. There were quite a few good cars just parked as well. I didn't 'show' as I was originally booked up that day and I really dislike getting up before 10 on a Sunday.

So you got an RB garvice? I'll have to swing around at some point.

Warwick had over 100 cars at the HRCC test day on Saturday and 80 cars competing in the Sunday Sprints, plenty of old school muscle cars, Japanese, English, Italian, and Aussie classics too ( sorry no pics, was racing )

The dark blue  Datsun 280z got  third outright fastest for the day, behind a open wheeler formula 2 car, and a group C Commodore.

The car show was the pits area, heaps to see, and no rain.

Next one is scheduled for July 24/25, same bat-place, same bat-channell.

keep ya's all posted!

Hi everyone, here's a link to pics from the day, if anyone wants pics of their car email me at missdatsun@hotmail.com with the pic numbers, sorry if I missed any as know i didn't get to some cars for photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drdatto/

About 60 cars registered on the day, but alot scared away by the weather, especially Brisbane didn't stop raining all day on Saturday and Doomben race track ruined by festival fever and then Tsunami warnings! but we were happy the rain stayed away long enough to hold the event and I was surprised the area they held it on was really dry and hard ground so will know its a perfect spot if wet weather ever falls again on these events! so we're looking forward to a big event in June for any year model of Japanese vehicles, even though it was a small event it was a enjoyable day out meeting some great car enthusiasts!