WTB My First Z either 240 or 260

Reaper-Zed

I sent him a email today asking for more pictures and what not. One of my house mates is up for a road trip, fly up drive back, figured we just buy some oil water, basic tools and gaffer tap up there and we should be right hahaha. be a adventure thats for sure, I know it could be more of a issue than what its worth but thats half the adventure isn't it? plus flight up there is about 300 bucks, hopefully only miss 2 nights of work and about 8 hours of uni all up. 2 drivers plus give the car a break at every 1000km should be sweet i think, if the car is rusted out then obviously i wont get it, little rust is fine. What im Worried about is the fact the car is unroadworthy, what permits i need to get for each state, I'm hoping the guy who is selling will just let me use the rego to drive it back but guess ill have to discuss that with him, otherwise im fair lost into what to do. Any thoughts?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

few other tips before u start going to cairns.

check pickles.com.au

both damaged and not damged auctions.

had a very reasonable 2+2 sell here in adelaide for 1650. it had rust but definetly dirvable pretty good floor pans. just light rust around back hatch area. engine was clean and was runing.

they do pop up even there. also there was a rear damaged 2 seater 260 with a VG30DETT engine conversion that went for 3600. 2+2 was about 6month ago. the 2 seater was in NSW about a year ago.

if i find something on there ill post it here for you.

also fowles auction group too. massive one in Altona. thats the only spot i think u find a bargain unless there is a clown like me pressing the "bid" button behind the PC trying to snap a bargain too.  :P

other than that. check trading post word of mouth works good. just dont blab how much they worth. also look around u be suprised what u see if u pay attention in peoples yards.

dont rush as of yet. give it a few weeks.

I total agree I work at a servo which is great because i see a lot of cars all day every day to bad only had 2 zeds in 9 months both were 260 2+2's both i have offered to buy neither wanted to sell hahaha annoying! I use to courrier as well through mid victoria but had no luck there, A few of my mates know that im looking for one no dice at the moment finding one though. I agree mostlikely stupid to travel all that way just for a beaten up 2+2 though its in my price range sure something else will come up to. Plus in the mean time i should finnish my torana up before i start trying to cram the shed full of projects hahaha, I just really love Zeds and really would enjoy having one part of my life and also being able to be part of a club with it, my first car ever was a 180B rust bucket paddock bomb, good fun when i was 13 thrashed that car and it never died think thats what made me love datsuns, my mother recently just sold it for $50 hahaha because she was sick of it being in the back yard, I live in town with mates now so it was her call i guess hahaha. I thank you guys a hole lot about all the effort to give me advice, can't wait to have a Z on the road so i can go for a drive with you all one day soon :) cheers I will be a common poster on this forum im happy i stumbled across this site.

Lance.

Personally I wouldnt go to all the trouble of buying a $2800.00 zed from QLD add $300.00 for flight add over $500.00 for fuel add rego. and accomodation etc. total over $4000.00 and you dont really even know the condition of the car yet.

Im considering selling my Zed for $4800.00 was selling it yesterday but now keeping it, who knows tomorrow

• Administrators

25k is a bit out of a uni students league

Something tells me that Z is going to be up for sale for a long time at that price. Best of luck to the seller though.

Hey does everyone wanna stop bidding on this so i can win it ..... hahahaha I want me a Zed :(

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1975-Datsun-260Z-2-2-Coupe_W0QQitemZ250479556832QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars?hash=item3a51beb8e0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Hahaha - there NO WAY you can afford that Zed, mate.

Look, your not going to get anything decent for 4k odd.

I agree lurch it be a lucky find if i did but luckier things have happened to people got to be optamistic, though I am being realistic im still hopeful to get a decent Zed requiring little work for about 5k, I dont think it can be that far fetched. Just got to start looking real hard..... anyone for a non-stop drive till i find one ???? hahaha might need to do some country driving, its just so hard to find those kind of cars in paddocks. then again for some reason people keep going to my parents home trying to buy my torana and its barely visable from the road.....

I agree more then happy to help others as i have said I spray cars as a hobby if anyone wants help with body work in the not to far region of me more then happy to help out, more than anything just keen to get a Zed start working on it and have it to go to events drives etc with other zed owners.

getting a zed cheap is hard but not impossible i paid $1100 talked down from $1500 and the only major problem was the radiator, i had been looking (hard) for one for about a year, then one day walking to the shop a guy who lives 2 blocks down had one sitting in his front yard and as i walked past he was putting up the sign ;D  lucky i guess

It's a 2+2 so you have a chance. You should be able to get an average 2+2 for about 5k. Just need to be a bit patient and it will need a little bit of work but a lot cheaper than a 2 seater if you are happy with a 2+2. Good luck :D

It's a 2+2 so you have a chance. You should be able to get an average 2+2 for about 5k. Just need to be a bit patient and it will need a little bit of work but a lot cheaper than a 2 seater if you are happy with a 2+2. Good luck :D

Would prefer to have a 2 seater so my mates dont sting me with the " can we go in your car" which i get now with my torana ... annoying!

Buy a 280zx......$5k will buy you a very tidy good runner........

without a doubt it would but im not big on plastic, its not as sexc and its got that 80's look im not fond of, 80's was good for one thing. ROCK! hahahaha if i was going to go a 280 might as well get a 300zx

getting a zed cheap is hard but not impossible i paid $1100 talked down from $1500 and the only major problem was the radiator, i had been looking (hard) for one for about a year, then one day walking to the shop a guy who lives 2 blocks down had one sitting in his front yard and as i walked past he was putting up the sign Grin  lucky i guess

Yeah that is a bit of luck / fate? I had a same king of thing happen when i brought my torana, mate at uni said how he spent all weekend putting in the engine of a torana in his mates car that he was selling i asked what it was. 2 days later had me a torana talked him down from 3k to 1300 with a extra gear box and HQ stud pattern fronts, hahahaha. Then again he prob pulled price down coz i was his mates mate. still was good find for me, kind of hoping same thing will happen with a Zed just about all my mates who work as mechanics or spray painters know what im after so hope word gets around the 400k of people down here :P never see zeds in geelong its annoying least i know it wont be as common as my torana :P everything here is prem's and kingswoods.

• 2 weeks later...