AusZcar Christmas BBQ/Vic Photo shoot - 5/12/09!

C.A.R.

I know it's a good 5 months away, but it's worth penciling it in your diary's/calenders now!

As the 50+ people who attended the last years BBQ will tell you, this is a great event held at Gordon & Sharron's beautiful property in Wandin North (near Lillydale).

We had 26 early Zeds at last years BBQ & this year we are wanting to make it even bigger!!!

Have a read of the event from last year here: http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,3264.0.html

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3264.0;attach=5284;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3264.0;attach=5286;image

Video:

Date is now locked in: 5/12/09.

Time: 11am onwards (but please try & get there at 11am so we can organize the photos etc).

Address: 3 Evans Grove, Wandin North (just out of Lillydale).

BYO Food, grog, cutlery, chairs, etc. 2 BBQ's to cook on will be provided. Don't forget your Zed!!!

Bring the family! Kids are welcome - theres a trampoline & cubbyhouse for them to play on.

Gordo's property is very safe & secure.

This year we are looking at the potential of making it an overnight event as well.

I know there was a few mutterings from other interstate members last year, so this might be the excuse you need to join us!

Stay tuned for more details...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attendees:

Craig - ZZZ8

Gordo

Sulio - Toecutter

Dale - Dalee

Dave - ReverendZed + tribe?

Bruce - SPAmasterZed

Kyle - oozla

Stewert - Stewk240

Ash - ZR240

Simon - Luvemfast

Mark - Scootag

Simon - Thomo260

Dimitri - Zedman240

Joel - MR260

Glen - 'Glen'

Wes & Maggie (RS30)

Daniel - Dazzed

John - ZedLS1

Richard - biggels240z

Loui - LC260

Rob Creighton - 260Z

Wayne (240Z?)

Brian & Julia - 350Z

Dave C - 350ZTT

John - Sirpant (minus his Zed)

Rob - FuzzyDropBear (minus his Zed)

Matt Drago (minus his Zed)

Some bloke called 'Snoop G'

me - Lurch

25 early Zeds, 2 newer ones.

We might get close to last years numbers at this rate!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Lurch,

Yer it was  a great day last year. Gordo's place is well located near all the wineries and some good roads for a spurt. Good weather too in December, should be a ball. Good food with a BBQ, great local roads through green rolling hills.

We should have a pic from last years event here Lurch. I'm on a hotel internet connection via my TV so not sure how to link atm.

Cheers,

Sulio

Yep this will be a big weekend. Let's see if we can beat the 26 early Zeds and 4 late models this year. We can assist in the booking of accommodation for those interstate who might need it. Gordon has even offered for those on a real tight budget the possibility of Camping the night.

At this meeting we will discuss the Feb 2010 week long Tassie trip. At present we have about 8 cars confirmed as going. Date yet to be confirmed. Anyone interested let me know. I will start a thread on this in a month or two. Regards

As an interstate guy ( brisbane ) I'll subscribe to this thread. I'd like to wrap it up with a great ocean road trip as well.

I dont know anything about Victoria is this something like a " lets go to uluru for the afternoon " type of statement ?

I am confident that my z will still be running in December.  ;D

Just had a look and there is heaps of accommodation in the area, so maybe some interstaters could make it a weekend away or something.  My missus and I are considering it.  But unless I can get long enough permits to drive down there through NSW and VIC, then I would have to trailer it and if im going to do that i may as well use it as an excuse to go to the track...  Any ideas?

OK I just had confirmation from Gordon on the Date. The Annual BBQ will be held on Saturday 5/12/09. Let's hope the weather is nice like last year.

Lurch are you able to update or put something under the Events section?

Sounds great Craig and this year I will definately bring one or two of the huge inflatables for the kids and maybe the 'bungy Run' for the adults, we'd just need to check with Gordon on what Power is available.

Rev.

Done Craig! I'm just wary of putting Gordo's full address up on this post though - we might have to email it out or something?

Dave - that would be AWESOME! If you need a hand with any of it, let me know...

Yeah agreed Lurch. I think at this stage we just say Wandin North (Lilydale area)around 12.00pm for a BBQ lunch. I thought of doing the meat free with Club Funds. But people are fussy and it's probably easier for people to bring their own food. Either way we will have to splash some cash on drinks and amenities and maybe some goodies for kids or something. Will probably do the raffle again for a $100-...... 100 peice tool set again.

Great...can we put this on the club calender...would be nice to remove the old ones...I sent an email to put the Sept 5 Marysville drive up as a club calender but not sure who is looking after doing that?

Stewert, send a PM to Gav asking him to change it ;)

• 1 month later...