Another Guy in the US building a hybrid DOHC L6

NZeder

Spotted this thread on hybridz today -thought I might share as some might be interested.

There is a bit of debate around why bother (again) as we know the non-crossflow L6 head's can me made to flow very well and make more than enough HP for most of us.

However I think it is great that people still push the subject and build hybrid engines or look for new ways of doing things - surely this is good thing to think out side the box and challenge the norm/current thinking.

Anyway I digress back to the topic - see this thread -starts talking about installing a RB head onto the L6 bottom end but then the guy find a possible better solution :)

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=150479

I've been thinking long and hard over my annual leave lately and I'm still trying to decide what engine I'd like to have in my Z. Sure L series are original but why would you bother going to all the trouble to use a 2.8L block with an RB DOHC when there is the RB 25 and 30 block which bolt straight up. Or why would you shoehorn some merc dohc onto an L series block??? You arn't really keeping the original theme here, at least nissan RB's are the L series big brother. And how much power are you possibly achieving over a good L series head/cam combo.

Not everyone can build a DOHC OS Giken like Benzed :o but what about a DOHC RB with tripple webbers??? Kind of the opposite of putting throttle bodies on an L series? It's kind of the poor mans OS DOHC ;D. Oh so many options I'm so confused. What do you think Ben?

RB25DE_3.jpg

IMG_21081.jpg

RB25DE_2.jpg

IMG_21071.jpg