S13 coilovers in 260z

acdc-5

Gday all, I just picked up my 260z today, which has s13 coilovers in it. It looks to use an R33 lower control arm, s13 hub and the s13 coilover. Has anyone seen this before? Unfortunatly i have to give the coilovers back to the previous owner as we only left them on there so i could get the car home.

yeah shouldnt be impossible.

im planning on using s15 lower arms s15 hubs and calipers with aftermarket coilover on the 240z.

ive done similar on my 260z except i used mazda RX7 stuff. still original lower control arms just slightly moded. using factory rx7 strut with custom springs to adapt to 260z cap.

but post pics as i think the s14/s15 arms are tad longer than the z stuff. be interesting to see how its been done.

Heres the pictures of the suspension set up.  As you can see, the silvia coilover has been modified. I think this is because the as you know on some coilovers you cannot adjust the height of the coilover by screwing the threaded sleeve into the bottom bracket to lower or raise it. Im not too sure what theyve done with the strut tops, ill have to have a look when i get them out.But i believe cusco do a top hat to suite the s30's. Using the s13 hub also enables you to chose from a wide range of brake setups such as the standard R32 GTR/R33 gtst front brakes. Let me know what you think!!

DSCF6190.jpg

DSCF6191.jpg

DSCF6192.jpg

DSCF6193.jpg

DSCF6194.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers for that link mick. I think they used the r33 contorl arms in my zed because theyre a bit longer therefore it give the front wheels a fair bit of negative camber. Im just waiting on some s13 coilovers to turn up so i can measure the top and get some cusco strut tops and wack them on. Ill post up some pics when its all done.