Sign in to follow this  
Zeddophile

Front spoilers (Again!)

Yeah, you know how easy the gaurds are to dent, with some chick leaning all over it it won't take long to dent those gaurds

Sooley :lol: :lol: :lol:

I posted some pics of my repair work on my front fiberglass bumper some time ago, but i did a pretty crappy job as i used a bad filler which just crumbled away the first time i just touched a speed hump, and i also had evans smaller rolling diameter wheels on my car, hence making it lower and hence almost ripping the front of my car off going over a speed hump i didn't see.

Anyway, I dont have a picture on me of the damage but i thoguht id get round to fixing it, its fairly split... the bumper is almost in 2 pieces!

What Bog/filler/body stuff should i get to fill all the cracks and imperfections once i have actaully attached the spoiler back together with structural fiberglassing on the back of it? I have done glassing before, so i should be right there, but ive never used Bog, or whatever other panel beating materials i will need.

Cheeeeers

Well I fixed my bumper 2 weeks ago and thought id post a pic. I didn't take a before shot of the damage, I think evan, you saw it at its worst. Im pretty happy with how it came out, could use some more paint in order to get a really smooth finish and buff it really shiny, and beacuse the damage was so bad the entire bumper isn't quite straight and the curvuture is a bit off in several places.

I also fixed a small rust patch in the corner of the taillight, fixed it all up and painted it, tried to merge it will the old paint but failed fairly hard. The colours dont seem to match quite as they should (got it custom matched to my spoiler though) and it physically didn't merge with the old paint, theres an obvious line where they meet. I was told by the guy i bought the paint off to put just thinner in the gun and do a couple of quick light sprays where they join, but i stupidly ignored him.

Is this fixable? or would it best to sand the paint back and start again from primer stage.

(Please exuse the crapness of my camera phone, im still hanging out to get my mju770 :P )

post-269-144023474886_thumb.jpg

Hi Nate. I think they might. Warren from AllZparts called me after reading my wanted add on Ozdat. I paid $375.00 inc shippng. He told me he was going to send me an e-mail with quite a few other bits and pieces like a six piece fibre glass g-nose he has. Anyway don't buy anything yet lets see if he can do a special deal for members here. I'll post any details I get from him as well as any special offers I might be able to arrange for us!

Cheers

Sulio

Hi Sulio,

Im interested in getting a front spoiler like yours. just wondering how did you go in getting a special deal for the members.

Cheers

eddii

i spoke to Warren about special pricing for members and was awaiting further e-mail with details on other parts he had like 5 piece g-nose. did'nt get any further e-mail and left it at that.

Hiya, sorry to revive an old thread. I got a phone number for a guy Shane to buy a front spoiler from, gave a few calls on different days and no response.  :( Just wonering if he was a member here and if so whats his user name so I could PM him.

Thanks

Add