benny

432 FOR SALE IN NSW

Been posted before on ebay as a lure.

"Rare1970 240Z 432 2.0 litre twin cam available in Japan through Fat XXXX Imports. Only a handful of these twin cam models were produced with a Yamaha designed twin cam head. Go to www,fatXXXXimports.com.au We can locate and import rare and collectable Japanese models direct from Japan"

<Sound of many bubbles bursting>

Although if you can afford $48k for a toy you can probably afford to fly to Japan, inspect it before you buy & pay for RORO service to get it to Aus...

At that price, it would not be a very good one. And I hope nobody believes that "Yamaha designed twin cam head" bit. That's a load of old borrocks for a start.

They must be getting their Toyota 2000GT 3M engines mixed up with their S20s. Doesn't bode well for people that you might ask to locate and appraise a car for you.....

Guys I don't think you'll find a 432 for that price range. Its simply too cheap, even if it was a wreck it would be too cheap.

These guys are simply using Ebay to advertise their business. Don't play into their game and don't call them. That's my opinion. If you want to do anything I'd say report the ad to ebay.

Thats a member here "doudous " aka Phillip lee from Edward Lee's Japanese Auto Centre

post-828-144023526274_thumb.jpg

I thought 432s had a cross flow head? Or if not, what is the cross-flow engine that was originally put into Zed's?

There are pictures of 2 different cars in this thread, the L series engine isn't in the 432. There is no pic of the 432 engine. The S20 had a twin cam cross flow head.

There was a cross flow head for the L series. The works rally cars had them. Extremely rare.

There was a cross flow head for the L series. The works rally cars had them. Extremely rare.

Approved for historic racing too - would love to get hold of one of these - I hear there is place here in NZ that make new casting of the 4 cylinder NAPs cross flow head I wonder if they could cast one up with 2 extra cylinders - would be nothing like the original but one might be able to pass one off for classic racing as a replica.

Here is a pic of the S20 engine that sits between the strut towers of the Fairlady Z432 and the KPGC10 aka first GT-R (pic of a Z432)

thumbs_s20engine1.jpg

Geez - you guys are good detectives!  - Especially Toecutter - I just bought the red car in Tokyo last week - and I'm very exited about getting it - my Japanese Dream Car! It will be here in a few weeks - by the description from my friend who found the car it is a sensational machine...  Here is a video of the car before shipping from Tokyo:

There are some amazing Zeds over there, but good ones are not cheap! Many are rusty...

The 4-3-2 was a car that popped up at auction a few weeks ago and seemed to be in OK condition. We can source many interesting ZEDS over there - but usually not for those on a tight budget unless it's an 80s or 90s Zed - these are cheap in Japan and really nice ones can be found...

This will be my 3rd S30 Zed. I still have the orange 1971 model... can't part with it - kinda sentimental!

My dad was a Nissan dealer many years ago and mum and dad drove me home from hosptital in an identical orange 240Z in 1971... Apparently they tossed me on the back shelf in a basket and I ended up in the footwell when dad hit the brakes....it must have effected me!

Then my 1st car was a tan coloured 1971 240Z that my dad had sold to the original owners 20 years earlier...  the same people came back and traded it in all thoses years later. I had been saving up for my 1st car and dad had promised to match my savings dollar for dollar... when I saw that beautiful tan machine it had to be mine!!!!

Geez - you guys are good detectives!  - Especially Toecutter - I just bought the red car in Tokyo last week - and I'm very exited about getting it - my Japanese Dream Car! It will be here in a few weeks - by the description from my friend who found the car it is a sensational machine...  Here is a video of the car before shipping from Tokyo:

It is a very nice Zed. Love the Watanabe's and if its loaded with all the kameari gear I'm not surprised it cost what it did.

Are you going to keep it or sell it on?

It's a keeper - but being a car dealer I can't help feeling out the market - I think all you guys have very good investments because the Aussie Zed car market is way behind the rest of the world. Something tells me it's on the verge of having a big catchup and prices will shoot up for good cars...

im still amazed at how cheap the aussie zeds are. i got a fairlady too and the oz prices dont come near the japs.

p.s.

doudou: very sweet! love the coloured engine bay, she looks absolutely the finished article.

im still amazed at how cheap the aussie zeds are. i got a fairlady too and the oz prices dont come near the japs.

And the US Zeds are cheaper again...

And the US Zeds are cheaper again...

ah quit, your depressing me now!!!

are the jap prices to do with supply or their expensive vehicle tests? you know how there are so many jap 2nd hand cars go to europe anyway because the price of maintenance to pass their regulations are so prohibitive that they may as well get a new car. so, in short, to have a classic, you need to cough up plenty and often?

because looking at the net, they dont seem that super rare over there either.