Seized drum brake

I just noticed that my rear left drum is seized (or at least stuck on really really firmly!!). Up on stands, I can't budge the wheel at all with my hands, nor was I able to get the drum off when whackin it with a mallet. It still turns when I drive though.

I'm not sure exactly what caused it, possibly it could have been from when I was bleeding the rear brakes, I accidently left the rear RIGHT drum off the wheel. It wasn't until after I finished bleeding the rear LEFT that I noticed the drum was off on the rear RIGHT and put it back on.

Would it be ok just to keep driving it around and eventually it will wear the shoe down and loosen itself up?

Cheers

Ray

That happened to me at the track one day - in my case the issue was the lining gave up the ghost and just fell off the shoe. This then caused the drum to lock on a low speed corner so I came into the pits and check it out. The issue I had was due to the racing temps in the lining before it jumped off + old old linings (and yes I did inspect before the track day - I knew they were a little suspect but I did not have time to do the rear disc conversion at the time) my drum was now cracked and out of round. So after a few hours of pulling/hitting with a large hammer and the like off came the drum - removed the shoes and locked up the hydrologic line = minus one drum on the rear of the car and drove home for the track :)

I would guess yours might have done the same or the cylinder has popped out the piston and it has lock one of the shoes against the drum.