Strut Bars

nedloh312

there were like 6 Cusco front strut braces on ebay, but some clown bought all 6 of them, they were about $200 each, and the guy that bought them was trying to sell them off for $350! bastard!

I havent seen those ones around since, i would like to get one too.

Do you mean sway bars?  ??? I got my adjustable sway bars from fulcrum suspension for $290 each.

Sway bars are different to strut bars :) Strut bars go ontop of the struts and stiffen the frame :)

E.G. http://www.nipponpower.com/~nippon/prod_imgs/img-980-1-large.jpg :)

you could have some made by an engineer. mine have been made up and have tensioning nuts. If you would like some picks i can dig them out of the shed and take photos  ;)

Cool, would love pics :) May go down to one of the workshops and get a quote. How much you pay for them?

After my expression to nengun for cusco fairlady products. They finally added some products to their list. It only took them 3 months to reply and add items to their list.

But have a look here.

http://www.nengun.com/cusco/strut-brace-type-os

They are charging $167.86 + postage for the OS type struts for the S30 each front or rear.

Fu

Here are my strut bars. I could not find the ends for the front bar, but they are pretty much the same as the rear. You will notice the bend in the front bar to clear the engine. The front bar is solid where as the rear is hollow As you can see there is adjustment to tension both front and rear bars

post-1192-144023525599_thumb.jpg

post-1192-144023525605_thumb.jpg

After my expression to nengun for cusco fairlady products. They finally added some products to their list. It only took them 3 months to reply and add items to their list.

But have a look here.

They are charging $167.86 + postage for the OS type struts for the S30 each front or rear.

Fu

Cheap!

Strut top tower bars are designed to stop independant flexing of each strut, by apply oppsing forces on the strut through the means of the strut bar, though not actually a means of stiffening a frame(a weld in roll cage through the firewall stiffens a body's chassis), it give's the illusion that the body is stiffer. Matched to the correct rated springs, shock's and sway bars, is when you will notice the biggest difference. Defiantely a must buy though in building up your suspension package for sure, i'll be after these one day soon myself.

Strut top tower bars are designed to stop independant flexing of each strut, by apply oppsing forces on the strut through the means of the strut bar, though not actually a means of stiffening a frame(a weld in roll cage through the firewall stiffens a body's chassis), it give's the illusion that the body is stiffer. Matched to the correct rated springs, shock's and sway bars, is when you will notice the biggest difference. Defiantely a must buy though in building up your suspension package for sure, i'll be after these one day soon myself.

Yer :P But it still stifens the frame because it prevents the chassis from rolling no?

Also, is it possible to get a triangular front strut bar that will fit with triples? There doesn't seem to be much clearance as it is and with the triples there, it could be just too low?

no.. roll cages stops chassis movement.. strut bars stops suspension flex and anti sway bars reduces the entire car from moving lateral.

oooh okay :P Thanks for clearing that up :P

But have a look here.

Fu

cheap but also great people to deal with answers your question as soon as possible. do you reckon the s30 struts will fit a S130???

cheap but also great people to deal with answers your question as soon as possible. do you reckon the s30 struts will fit a S130???

cool, I will get them when the dollar gets a bit stronger. It's almost there :D  Cmon Aussie dollar!!!

A thing to note regarding strut bars is that pretty often does not mean great...

That being said, look at CUSCO items, they look great, dont weigh a lot and are stiff as a virgin at a brothel.

Some cheap ones on the market arent so good... Engineering firms may be able to make something pretty good for not a lot of money, might weigh more and not look as good though.

Cheers,

Thomas

it should be noted the rear cusco ones only suit 240z's and early 260z's - although the bracket can be modified to work with the later ones

i'd say 2+2's dont have a chance of using the rear one. <$200 each is very cheap for them, and they do look dam sexy - although one of the triangular ones that go back to the firewall would be nice...