Sign in to follow this  
stevo_gj

Steve's heading down south

Hey Guys,

End of June I am making the drive down to Sydney (from Bris) in my 260z to visit a friend, and I was going to see if you guys were meeting anytime between the 1st and 8th July. I reckon it would be great to catch up with some of the mexican Zs  ;D

Also I'm out of touch with my mechanic, and was going to look into doing all the basic checks myself such as engine oil and radiator fluid levels and tyre pressure. Anything else you guys would recommend checking before making the trip?

Steve

:)

Grease everything, spare fan belts, radiator hoses, check your spare, check your wheel nuts, a good torch, a can of Holts instant flat tyre fixer, a can of Bars radiator leak stop, 5 litres of water, a good jack, a piece of 12" x 12" x 2mm steel plate, wheel brace, small universal tool kit....

Ohh and a carton of Corona in the eski.......... :P

Enjoy your trip

;)

4th Of July at Denos diner again? Drive out to the rocks and maybe go to a pub and have a few beers?

Climb under the car and check every nut you can see. Make sure they are all tight. You'd be surprised how many nuts can work loose. Specifically check the nuts on the drive chain. I suspect they haven't been checked since your gearbox conversion.

Also when was the last time your brake and clutch fluids were replaced? It might not seem like they need it but brake fluids take on moisture from the atmosphere they also get gluggy and can clog your lines if not replaced regularly.

Cheers guys, I'll check all of these things.

I'll just have to check with my host in Sydney about the 4th, apparently we are going camping for some of the time I am there.

4th Of July at Denos diner again? Drive out to the rocks and maybe go to a pub and have a few beers?

I will see you on the 6pm news.....

P plater with a few beers under your belt = Wraped around a tree dead.

Wake up to yourself before its to late..

I don't drink and drive... In fact, my mate killed 2 people drink driving (mind you, I haven't spoken to him since)... I know what happens. I drink 1 standard drink and wait 2 hours.

I'm not a moron ;)

Plus if I loose my license I'm f*****... I loose my license, I loose my job.

Yeah car meet + beers = Bad haha. they tryed this with another club and it didnt work out so well. Im up for hitting a steakhouse or something though?

Ribs N Rumps... ;D

you sydney boys are awesome (thats you pauly)

when ever suites u steve my car will be finished so should be awesome.

peter

Great to hear that a few of you guys are keen! :) I'm just waiting on a reply from my mate via email.

Pauly I don't think you intended to be so harsh, we are all adults here after all ;)

Steve

Great to hear that a few of you guys are keen! :) I'm just waiting on a reply from my mate via email.

Pauly I don't think you intended to be so harsh, we are all adults here after all ;)

Steve

hehe, i don't care :P He was right after all. Maybe he's just jealous that his car isn't as epic as some of the others bahahaha :P

/flame on!

Maybe he's just jealous that his car isn't as epic as some of the others bahahaha :P

/flame on!

Oh no you didnt!

Oh no you didnt!

Mikey knows.....

Dave I drove a 240z ....Mate what do you drove again......Now where's that bus stop. ;)

it was a joke... chill out... As said before, were all adults here... everyone knows the 240 is nicer than the bus...

Having had Both a 260z 2+2 And a 240z, I have to say Yes, Wider Stance is 2 seaters are more fun/ Cooler

But man do i miss having a back seat and the abitily to sleep in the back... ( So much extra room xD!!)

In the end would i swap my 240 for another Bus? No way. But i do miss certain parts of having a Bigger zed ><!

OK that's enough of irrelevant posts, this thread is supposed to be about me visiting you guys. If you want to continue arguing with each other please start a new thread, or even better use PMs.

I've just had a chat with my mate and she reckons we'll be camping from the 5th-8th July, so I will be available for to come meet you on the 4th if you guys are.

i'm there. looking forward to meeting you mr steve

You'll be sorely disappointed...

Some say he looks like Kid Rock's goatie and that he is actually affraid of algebra...

i'm there. looking forward to meeting you mr steve :)

You gunna bring your zed or run again? :P :P