mossy

My second 240z

Getting the zed back from the blasters tomorrow, going to be fun getting all that garnet out. :(

hey mate

do what i did put it on a rotiserre and everytime you rotate it do do work on it  watch the garnet fall out

Loui ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not sure who it was, all I know is it was near the z factory, the job was ok but a couple of bits were missed here and there.

Always happens some of the factory paint/sealer can sometime really really stick and then in other places you only need to blow air over the location and the stuff is removed.

The media will keep coming out of the car. My zed was on a rotisserie and it was rotated/vacuum/rotate/vacuum etc and I still get grit out of it. I too did the firewall wiper box repair - cut until we got clean steel = almost one side to the other. Just make sure the pedal box and heat box fit easily before you weld it for good. We forgot to check the heater box so I have had to get the rubber hammer out and so some minor bending on the heater box and a little on the wiper box :( I guess the floor of the wiper box moved down just a few mm's

hi mossy just drop the motor in the bath to give it a good clean not happy with the head and valves ..will have to give it some love .will bore and hone the block this week and also fix the crank and will grub screw it all so .will post some pics as they are done

hi mossy

have made some progress over the weekend the bored the block and decked it. but it needed some work with the grinder in the crank tunnel as it had lots of loose casting .have removed all oil plugs and cleaned them out and tapped all for pipe plugs . i have all so done the crank, and fitted the ARP rod bolts to the rods and resized them. So its coming along do you wont it blue or black red pink , ::) in colour you tell me  ;D will hone it this week when i finish cleaning up those dags

post-2089-144023621561_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023621567_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023621571_thumb.jpg

be original, try a pink or bright yellow! I did my mini engine bright yellow when I was an apprentice and it was the best thing when the damn thing broke down at night, light up the whole engine bay with small torch!

I love the stock blue, I don't think I could ever open the bonnet again if it was yellow ;D

I've been making some progress as of late, the bottom of the car is stoneguarded and some of the restored suspension has been bolted back in, now time for filler work ;)

post-192-144023622028_thumb.jpg

post-192-144023622034_thumb.jpg

Looking VERY good Mossy.  Very good.

Cheers Guys, forgot to mention I just got these dark coloured watanabes in 16x8 which should suit the factory orange nicely.

post-192-144023622065_thumb.jpg

If your talking about your red one with the arrows wheels, I agree.

BTW its my current screen saver, absolutely love the stance.

Lovin the colour Peter, is it worth progressing with the carbs or I'm i better off trying to sell them and maybe trying to get some 44 mikunis?

no we will make them work  ::) have the head assembled today but i need larger lash pads to fix rocker geometry also a pic of your rods that have been resized and new ARP bolts fitted

post-2089-144023622797_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023622803_thumb.jpg

Just test fitted the 16x8 wats with 225/45 tyres, they look great (against the etch ::)) but I'm thinking by the look of it i won't have to roll the guards.

At the moment I'm undecided on the front spoiler or the factory valance with a small factory chin/lip attached, so I'm thinking to just paint both and decide from there. One of the reasons as you can see in the pic is the slope of my driveway which looks like it may eat my front spoiler at the first attempt to drive out.

post-192-144023624537_thumb.jpg

Youd be surprised but even on lowered zeds the front spoilers still don't hang very low. Not nearly as much as most imports. My car would get up that pretty easy.