My second 240z

Mossy

Love the teaser shot of the wheels. Any chance you can take some of the front setup / offset and also of the rear and car side on? I want to get a perspective of the tyre height relative to the body and wheels (as do i suspect about 800 other blokes!).

Looking super too, the car and engine that is!

Cheers

Adam.

Painted the gearbox today, gave it a good degreasing a few times as the crud was in all the pits, then went over it a few times with wax and grease remover and then painted aluminium, came up pretty good i think.

post-192-144023625092_thumb.jpg

If I bead blast the box i would want to get the whole thing stripped down and rebuilt, but it worked fine when i was driving it so a nice paint job and some seals will do for now ;), the other major factor is money is getting tight at the moment with our baby coming so I will have to watch the cash flow, or at least hide it from the missus ;D

No that's the position  ;D it been dialed in ,will be a tuff L28 580th at the valve 280deg wade cam 45mmOTR carbs 10.5 comp all the good stuff will be a fast road car. this is number 10 . 10 l28s this year so far only 4 more in the shed to go ..... arrr

post-2089-144023626098_thumb.jpg

post-2089-144023626102_thumb.jpg

Great work Pete.

For someone that can get the best out of these motors, you also make them look simple but sweet from the outside also.

• 3 months later...

Time to get back on this project or I'll never get it finished, so i bolted up the panels today to see if the gaps were good before the rest of the filler work is done on the body, as you can imagine it needs some tweaking but hopefully the beater can finish it off nicely.

I also took off the front r33 caliper front disc conversion and placed the standard calipers with slotted rotors back on, the bigger setup was originally made for my 16x9 watanabes but I'm only going to use this on the street now so there's no need for it, I'll still be using the r31 disc conversion though.

post-192-144023641051_thumb.jpg

post-192-144023641057_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

We started working on the 240 again this week so happy to report progress is being made, looking like it will be in primer by xmas. Not sure if I'm being too fussy about gaps though, the door and gaps were being worked on today (aftermarket dog legs not helping the matter) got the gap uniform at the fender but the rear qtr was proving a pain, got to the stage were I was pretty happy with it but now I'm having second thoughts as it tapers out slightly at the top.

yes panel gaps are shocking on these cars from the factory. I wouldn't be over concerned. I got mine better than standard. I didnt realise this until i started checking out other peoples gaps. I ended up splitting and re welding the dog legs to make the door gaps better. But if i hat have realised how bad they were from the factory i would not have bothered