$40,000. What are you going to buy.

nizm0zed

we have this thread going on another forum at the moment, getting some interesting answers.

So, lets see what people here would spend it on.

for the sake of this, we will assume that you have a reliable daily driver, good job, steady income, permanent house, and no bills at all.

If you had $40k to spend on anything you want for shits and giggles, what would you buy?

Think about it? Its easy to blow $40k on not much, but also easy to make it go on a LOT of small items.

First, id buy a JZA70 supra, in black, aerotop.

Hell yea. that'd chew up $10k

I still have my gem, my bike, and my 260, so plenty of toys  8)

then, another $15k would get spent on tools, like a good sized metal lathe, and a milling machine. Id get a good quality AC/DC tig.

a six axis CNC lathe would be nice, but probably not in the budget.

a hoist would definately be on the list too, nice 2 poster.

$15k would go towards building a nice big shed.

that'd keep me happy for quite a while.

that or i'd travel around the country for a while, buy a campervan ect.

If I have that amount to just blow out, i would buy some shares, now would be the best time to buy while they're low. Take Rio for example, $140 last year, $40-60 this year........... surely it'll go up again when the economy kicks into gear ;).

Or....just take a year off work and see the WORLD!!!!!!! YaY

hmm 40k not enough...  :P but it would one of these

240z will get the works done. fit RB26DET roughly 400 to 500hp  with ABS brakes leather seats in original style, leather stitched dash and door trims. huge wheels.

or

Mustang prob fit a BOSS 290 with couple of turbos pumping around 700hp  9" diff and some nice old school wide rims.

or

prob buy a cheap thrashed out S2 200sx remove everything fit a worked RB26DETT 600+ hp with 4wd system, bride seats, nismo kit and take on the gtr and wrx. bit of suprise factor

or

buy an old school 911 Porsche and rebuild it.

I would start a new business called 'The Zed Emporium' everything from full restorations to a clubhouse out the back with a bar for the AusZcar boys and girls, we'd double up and hold church there on sundays! ;D

Rev.

I'd spend about $15K on a decent RB25/30 and a dog box to go with it for my current car.  Then spend the other $25K on a tarmac rally spec 240Z something along the lines of what Bluerat's 'big red racer' will end up like.

I would start a new business called 'The Zed Emporium' everything from full restorations to a clubhouse out the back with a bar for the AusZcar boys and girls, we'd double up and hold church there on sundays! ;D

Rev.

I would be a financial partner to ReverendZed's Emporium idea.

i think 40g would get a nice sr20det powered lotus 7 :D

but looks like it there wont b much spare change by the time my 260z is back on the road, and it will be better suited to melbourne, since it has stupid heavy things like a roof and doors!

the sensible thing i'd like to do would be to buy an old townhouse near the city