home made badges (yeah I know it sounds dodgey)

Actually if your going to use cad, better use something like Mechanical Desktop so you can then use a 5 axis CNC to do the badges.

Alternativally, if somone send a good one in, i can sand cast them at dad's work, in ally, brass, bronze or iron.

We would have to make some good blanks first

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

u guys still looking into this

cause if some1 can draw it into cad i get it done

then again i also have adobe version on the logo i used for my stickers

i made up a while ago

check part sale section under my username to find the stickers and pics

peter

I am in Melbourne again next week (Monday, Tuesday nights only flying out Wednesday) so I will bring a badge with me. That way I can post within Australia. So which CAD guy do I send it to? Or I will send it to Lurch and once it is all sorted he can forward to the CAD guy to get dimensions from etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

u made a mistake NZeder. boomerangs dont work well in OZ . LOL

yeah ill be in for a set (x3) when someone does a copy. otherwise may try to dig to see if nissan can score me some from japan.

i though greg is good at this copying stuff.

"There's Greg with his BRE 240z.....hmmm is that the new fairladyz badges i see "  :P

• 4 weeks later...

galderdi~ i don't know if its abit late but i have a metal fairlady Z badge i bought off ebay awhile back. $10 gold plated  8) I wouldnt mind dropping it off to you and you making afew copies for everyone. and possibly one or 2 for myself ;) lol

31118_1355190052835_1623983788_821197_8220679_n.jpg

There it is with my z31 badge and the interior 280zx,300zx badges from my 1st 2 cars  ;D

Thats brilliant mate, I have alil rust i have to sort out on my Z so until thats cut out i can't get a rwc/rego so say in 3 weeks time I'll drive to yours? (if theres no other unexpected problems with my car lol)

Love the first 240/datsun badges you made up, Partly a reason i made a account on this forum lol. I'm a serial skimmer, Not normally much of a poster lol

I could see a ebay store for sure, there'd be alot of interest in the states. brilliant idea mate!

--------------------------

Would also be brilliant to have a datsun/280zx on the hatch like the s30s just to be alil different, Have you got any spare datsuns?

no idea - I would love to know what happened to my badges as they are one day to be returned

YES you should have them returned to you ASAP... We should be able to trust each other in this zed community.

If you do not recieve them back NZeder NAME AND SHAME

YES you should have them returned to you ASAP... We should be able to trust each other in this zed community.

If you do not recieve them back NZeder NAME AND SHAME

Well I gave them to Lurch.....so Lurch who did you forward my badages on too.....I can tell you as they are metal version I do want them back that was the deal from the get go - either that or someone has to pay the same $$$ I did so I am not out of pocket :(

I'm sure it will all get worked out, I know Lurch and I'm sure he is just as keen to chase it up as anyone, he'll reply soon and it will all be sorted...no need to 'name and shame' just yet  :)

Rev.

• 2 months later...

Guys,

Another alternative (especially if you want to save weight Greg, should be able to save a good 5 grams here  ;D)

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/92784-s30-z-emblems-in-vinyl/page__pid__875624#entry875624

I have dealt with 1 tuff z before (bought some cnc'd gear from him), very polite, prompt, professional service.

Brad