Strut braces

thehelix112

Guys,

What have you guys done re strut braces? I'm chasing some up but obviously whiteline don't do them for the zed (not that I can see). I do remember someone selling them at the nationals but didn't check to see who it was. Any pointers?

Thanks,

Dave

• Administrators

Nigel who is still our featured ride for VicZcar (will be changing that soon) . He has strut braces on his Z not sure where he got them but if you look in the article he mentions who he got parts from. http://www.viczcar.com/Featured/Featured.htm I have a feeling he got them from Top Performance. www.toperformance.com.au

They are not really adjustable though. Len Brennan made an interesting one for his 260z well i believe he made it.

www.len-brennan.com.au he's a member here too give him a bell.

Whiteline DO do an adjustable rear strut brace for the 260z (Should also fit 240?)

1 / 1 / Alloy adjustable / Nissan 260Z Rear Strut Brace

Code: #KSB609

Price: AU$194.55 (Australian Dollars)

NOTE: Australian deliveries must add 10% GST

Go to www.whiteline.com.au, click webstore, and search 260z

• Administrators

I'm not sure why you'd want them adjustable I'm guessing to allow you to loosen the car up a bit depending on the type of track your on.

For those with a wallet with no end I've seen some Carbon Fibre Strut Braces on ebay recently in the USA though.

They certainly look the part :D .

I see what you mean. For a mass produced strut brace, the adjustable concept would mean that it is going to fit most cars given the fact that each car is going to be a few mm's out here and there.

However, if you are going to have them made to suit your car, then "adjustable" serves no purpose. well not that i can see anyway.

I see the quoted Whiteline price of around $200. I paid about that for mine which were made to suit the car. Depends on what style you like best i suppose

my friend got a non adjustable stut brace for his 200sx, it didn't fit onto his 200sx, never been in a accident etc etc, he got a adjustable one and it fitted....

so a mass produced one is worth getting adjustable, otherwise if its custom, no point making it adjustable unless you arn't that confitable taking proper measurements or something or you want to try and pull back you struts a few mm, whic ive also seen done...

I just had a thought, reading through this thread.

If the camber in the front or rear of a Z was off, could you fit an adjustable brace and crank it either inwards or outwards to change the camber? At that distance from the hub, I imagine you wouldn't need much to make a difference.

Anyone tried/looked into this?

Dave, have you got any plans for track days on weekends with your car? If so why would'nt you go the half cage option? That would take care of the rear strut brace issue and add some more safety to the equation!

Up until the Nationals I never gave it a thought but it looks like those guys had a lot of fun on the track. So next nationals I want to be ready for the track day, (hopefully much sooner!). My plans are to prep everything for a mild L28 and the half cage followed by brake upgrade is next on the list.

Sulio

Am I the Dave you are referring to Sulio? If so then, yes, the goal for my car is a pure track car. Its obviously nowhere near it yet, but is getting there slowly. This will involve a full tower-tower cage soon enough, so yes a rear strut brace would only be a temporary measure.

Ideally I would love to have my car finished for the next nationals, but I'm a slack bugger and I can't see that happening.

Dave