Sign in to follow this  
stevo_gj

QLD Labor Day Cruise Monday 4th May

Shaun and I are thinking of having a cruise on Labor day. I know Greg has a really sweet route that involves lots of hills and I would love to run it again in a manual this time.   ;D

So who else is keen?

The route would start from the northside somewhere (maybe that servo at Bald hills again). Head out to Dayboro, over Mt Mee, through Woodford, through Kilcoy, then either back through Esk or even out to Crowsnest then back through Esk and over the mountains again. Its a good few hours but we can shorten it depending on the general concensus.

1. Full route (allow all day)

2. Leave out Crows nest but include Esk (allow 4 hours)

3. Dayboro, Mt Mee then back via Caboolture (allow 2.5 hours)

any thoughts? To make this simple just vote on your preference and we'll go with the most popular

I don't think I can make it. Having a hard time seeing the road whilst driving.  ;D

IMG_2660.jpg

Stevo, were you keen to stop at that cafe again? If so we will need to book and we'll need firm numbers.

I don't think so. We will be looking for a quick bite since we are doing the shortened version and therefore might be better stopping at a fast food place or something similar?

Thoughts guys?

Sorry to hear you can't make it garvice  :o

If I had longer arms and legs I could drive from the rear seats. ;D

Rear seats? aren't all seats for your rear?  oh I get it. Its a 2+2 thing right.

well.. my new volks arnt ready for the 32 yet, im waiting on some rays nuts from jpan, which wont be here until mid next week. what do i do? The bt is cool.. but.. rather the 32.

I'd suggest an 8am start. That way we should be back with half the day to spare. Is that ok with everyone?

OK lets get all responses in before noon Saturday. Then we can make an executive decision and post the final details Saturday Arvo so everyone knows with 24 hours notice.

Any requests/ suggestions after noon Sat may not be considered.

Ok heres the plan. We will meet at the Caltex between carseldine and baldhills at 9am. We will travel from there to Dayboro then over Mt Mee to Woodford. We can stop there at a nice bakery or something...lots of choices. Then we'll drive through Kilcoy.

After Kilcoy anyone wishing to take the shorter route can head staight to Brissy over Mt Glorious.

Anyone wanting a bit more of a drive will follow us to Esk. Then back to Brissy over My Glorious. Not sure what the attaraction of Esk is...maybe we'll all skip it...anyway we can decide when we stop for our snack.

On a side note maybe someone should start a diner at Carseldine where you can park your car, have potential buyers look at it while you dine....Car sell dine??? Yeah yeah I know I have a sick sense of humor.