Damn colour choices!

Zeddophile

Thought I had my mind up to go a white with perhaps a bluish tinge to it, but now I'm also thinking about a dark metallic (fairly high flake) blue, or possibly even (just came into my head then) dark metallic green.

Reds out (TOO MANY!), orange is definitely not a colour I could live with, yellow is kind of common and I'm not crazy about it, i don't really think black would suit....

Anyone got any other colours (or opinions)? I also had a thought perhaps the metallic charcoal grey colour my alfa was, but i'm not sure about that....

At the moment, my list would go metallic blue, metallic green, metallic charcoal, and then white.... Think I need to cruise some zed sites....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like sky blue with cream colour interior however for something more aggressive that charcoal colour would look nice. The green is a nice classic colour and I reckon would like really nice if your planning on going the ZG flared look.

IMAG1.JPG

that stripe really isnt that nice looking, to skinny or something.

that stock colour blue is quite nice, but i still prefer the darker ones, i still havn't seen a blue that compares to the mazda 6 blue, some of the bmw ones are very nice but they look to classy...if thats possible? i think the specks in it are smaller

when its time for me to respray my car i know its going to be a very tuff choice, as the greens are nice and classic where as blue is more sporty.

if your liking that lighter stock green colour then i think that ford light green is nice, it sure was their colour of last year...there was a z at zworx when i was down there that had just been done in it and it looked very nice (but i hope to never have ANY ford bits on my car hehe, even though its based on nothing)

PZG302,

Thats a really nice green for the Z! It reminds me of that british racing green you see alot of MG's in. If I had to start on a new car I would go that green colour with the black ZG flares and a tan coloured interior.

What sort of wheels are you running on that car?

SUlio

Sulio,

The wheels are a three piece rim 18X8's with a 15" centre similar to the BBS mesh style and the outers spun to suit. I think a company called OZ Wheels made them up. If they are still around they are a Sydney based company. They were built specially for the car to suit the offset needed to clear the struts also fit ubder the gaurds and came with it when I bought it about ten years ago.

The Hawthorn Green is a Jag colour, and I reckon really suits the Zeds. British racing green tends to be to black IMO.

Matt

post-199-144023470345_thumb.jpg

Hi, I wanted to keep the Datsun look above the window line and keep the extra window for better vision. This is a modified 250 GTO fibreglass body. Since this photo I have fitted original datsun badges and made my own stickers for the front guards. (Aussie Z car). The Perspex scoops gather cool air and vent through the 280zx grills behind. This car had bad vapour locks when I bought it.Cheers.

Hi,

Not sure the way you worded your question. I did the body work myself. The car is a 1976 260z. It's Bongs old car. I know what your thinking. What a waste. The body was good but mechanically it needed a lot of work. I was originally just going to fit the kit but ended up rebuilding the motor,brakes,differential,new radiator ,all rubber suspension bushes, etc. Regards David.

• Administrators

I'm very tempted to go Silver since that was the original colour my Zed left the factory with. I've always been partial to the burgundy interior with the Silver Z.

It would look especially hot with ZG flares Watanabe's much like www.sr240z.com

What was the factory original colour of yours Ben? If it was poo brown forget it lol. :D

i reakon the blue is nicest out of those 3, and personally i prefer the darker silvers

that orangey gold one is nice as, probably just because the wheels finish it off so nicely. i'm guessing they dont come in 4 stud? just since both that one and that twin turbo blue one (i think from memory) have them and both have 5 stud hubs

• Administrators

Sorry but unfortunately no. I have looked around but found none. I know someone who might be able to help though. I might send him an email regarding the car.

It's very nice in yellow with the Wat's and Gnose I've been considering that on my Z definately a very cool look.

Wish I had more angles on it.

8)

ive painted my 260z with ford blueprint effect usual colour on xr falcons not the dark one the lighter one. wasnt sure about it at first but when it got painted it looks good, well i love it but everyone else has their own taste. ill post a pic when i get home

but i still think the z look best in white or red. as for mazda colours ask how much for paint its expensive. most a 3 layer paints. the yellow one is close to $250 per liter and we not talking big brand paint.