Interior Door Trim

acf321

• 3 weeks later...

Edii showed me his trim on the weekend (hmmmm)....

Just ordered my set, +1 for Trevor being great to deal with. Just as a side note vacuum hoses from the booster to check valve and check valve to engine are no longer available for the 73 240z. I imagine it would be the same for the early 240z's.

Also edii mentioned that the door lock on the 260z comes out at a different spot than the 240z so these trims need to be slightly modified to fit a 260z 2 seater. I'm not sure if you can actually order a different set for the 260z's, Trevor did confirm that I wanted the "early" trim so maybe there are 260z types available?

Edii is also going to cover the corkboard or whatever that material is, makes sense seeing as though it is pretty exposed to the elements, hence why they swell over the years. I'm going to paint and seal mine too :)

Good idea abot covering the board, I'm going to cover it twice, once on the door and another layer of plastic on the door itself.

I just bought another set of trims from Trevor, they had gone up very slightly from my last purchase, only about an extra $30.

Thnx for your post shaun :)

You can only buy 240z door cards, 260z cards are not available at all according to trev.

You'll have to just modify these to suit 260z door.

My old cards were not salvageable hence i bought new ones.

It'll be a while b4 i get to properly fit them but if someone has done this mod (240 door card to 260 door) then pls feel free to post them up ;)

It was gr8t catching up with u again shaun :) my friend saw u on the highway the other day. now he wants a zed too LOL

• 5 weeks later...

Got my trim today

$221.12 for one side and $202.63 for the other plus $30 for freight to Brisbane. Looks great :)

Datsun240zDoorTrim1.jpg

Datsun240zDoorTrim2.jpg

Datsun240zDoorTrim3.jpg

Datsun240zDoorTrimPartNo_SMall.jpg

I'll probably paint the backs over the weekend and hopefully install it within the week :D

• Moderators

Geez they look nice! Your tempting me to get some...knowing my luck, by the time I'm ready they will be no longer available! Just have to get the rest of the interior to match!

I jumped on the trevor bandwagon as well (thanks to the OP)

Got mine a few weeks ago but havent had a chance to open them up yet.

Good find! I remember choking at the price of these many years ago from warren@allz and now I'm just happy I can buy them for double the cost!

• Administrators

Awesome, I need a set of these 2. However I'm not sure if I should go black because I'm considering returning my 240z to Silver (original colour) and I want to go with the red (interior).

How do I order through "the Trevor"? :) I looked up and down in the thread no ph: no. or contact details listed. I feel like spoiling myself with a new b'day present.

• Administrators

Brighton Nissan

Address:

931 Nepean Highway, Bentleigh Victoria 3204

(03) 9563 9977

he usually responds to his email quite promptly as well

tkeyATbrightonnissan.com.au

Thanks guys appreciate it.

Gav if you are in ireland, and thinking red interior, i've fired off a few emails to a great restorer in Norway/Lithuania.

check out the skills: The have a particular love for Z's but usually do high end ferrari/porsche stuff.

PC160044.JPG

Velour%20dashboard%20%2810%29.JPGPicture%20010.jpgDSC_0021.JPGDSC_0615.JPG

Hi Roastbeef ... are you in Australia ??? I have my factory seats and dash out of the car at the moment and I'm wondering if you are looking to have your seats and dash done by these Lithuanians by sending them from here, or importing completed items from them?

I suspect you're enquiring as to price of having this work done?

I have considered all the options on recaro and other seats, but the originals when done properly to me look as good as anything available aftermarket.  Just wondering if these guys sell kits for the seats or if they do the work in house.

Would love to know the answers while my car is in pieces ,,, keep me posted.

Also, does anyone have a top rate re-upholsterer they can recommend in NSW to have the seats done back to factory spec in leather?

Cheers

Hi

I'm in London, but my Z is in Australia.

I went to most of the usual places in sydney to see if they could do something similar with trim as the pictures above but somehow it wasn't quite the same. Always ends up looking a bit 'autosalon' spec. If anyone does know of a good quality retrimmer I also want to know! Be a lot easier than shipping from europe.

I have fired off an email to the company last week but haven't got a reply yet. Will follow it up with a phone call next week.

shall keep you posted

• 4 months later...

hey guys just wondering..... on the first page of this thread there are some pics of some really nice door trims.......just wondering this new old stock thing... does it include the backing cards or is it only for the trim that goes on the door cards..... my door cards are rooted and dont think i can be bothered trying to repair the backings

• 3 weeks later...

i am also after a set of 260z off white door trims with the chrome strips and woodgrain- the only place i could find factory door trims was from z car source USA at over $1,100 us - do you have a contact address to purchase from Japan

Hi, just a note to say I had a set of black 240 door trims delivered just before Christmas from "guru" Trevor - gave him c/card, $500 delivered to Brisbane. The trims are new... Peerrfect! Give him a call.