Vic Meeting Jag Club 12/5/09 Tuesday 7.00

620Z

G'day Guys. Well we have secured the Jag Club for Tuesday 7pm 12/5/09 for our next Victorian Meeting. We plan to show the Threadbo DVD for the first time on the big screen in the rooms. Sulio says it should be around 35-40 minutes long. Should be a good view. We plan on having a car on display so if you have any suggestions for a nice car then let us know. We will probably throw on some Pizza and drinks for the usual $10- donation which should also cover the venue costs. We can discuss the next event being the Grampians drive on the 23/5/09 and plan the next weekend away after that. People might want to pencil in the Annual Xmas BBQ where we got an incredible 30 Zeds at Gordons place and also a quick mention about the Feb 2010 Tassie trip for those who might be interested. They might sound a way off but they will be here before you know it.

Feel free to register your interest for attendance here. As we know nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd.

Cheers

Where: Jaguar Car Club of Victoria, 23 Rosalie St, Springvale, Vic. 3171 (Just off Springvale Rd)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jane,

Well the night basically entails a lot of chat amoungst us Zed enthisiasts. We normally have a Zed car on display inside the club rooms where the owner might give us a 15minute talk on his or her car. We have a bit of a bite to eat and some drinks. There is a Bar there if you want to purchase alcohol. We will be showing a 30minute video hopefully on a big screen on the much talked about trip to Thredbo last Feb. We will probably talk about up coming events for 15 minutes. There is plenty of off street parking. This is a very informal meeting with no obligation. Feel free to come and go when you like although we will probably start to gather around 7pm. Come along we don't bite. Bring a friend male or female if that makes you feel more comfortable. It is always nice to meet new Zed people and we all seem to get on pretty well. I guess this is aimed at any new or prospective Zed person in or around town on the 12th May. We normally get around 20+ people so you will blend into the crowd. we will do our best to make any new comer feel welcome.   :D

I will try to make it as I am fairly new. I will also bring my 240Z as it is the only car I have (public transport to work). I will have it back from the mechanic with my new front spoiler and service.

See you then hopefully.

Stew.

I had a call from Chris who wants to do a write up on the Club to put in his magazine. I suggested he come along on this night. He sounds keen and will probably ask questions of a few people to here and see what we are about. He has links to the 370Z guys who came to Threadbo. So we are trying to get one of them along to display in the Club rooms. At the moment it is a long shot, maybe 20% chance but we are looking into it. Either way it will be a big night with plenty on.

OK Ladies & Gents we have some good news. We can now confirm that we will have a 370Z on display in the Jag Club rooms for our meeting. So hopefully you can all come along for a close inspection of the fabulous new car. Spread the word amoungst the Zed faternity! Sulio has now completed the Thredbo DVD. This should be a great night.

I almost forgot. We will have our new grand "Auszcar" banner delivered by then. So it will be on display for all to see. Compliments of Lurch, Sulio and my self flipping the bill on this one.  :) I have to open that bank account soon.  :P

OK we have another 4 people coming. My brother Gordon, Dave (Silver race 240Z) and Brian who has a 350Z and Justin Mahar. Two others are maybes. One being Dave Chambers with the twin Turbo 350Z and Ben (GTR). Couple of these guys have been on a few Tassie trips with us.

Cheers

I'll be there it will be my first time to one of these meetings do i need to bring anything. I am looking forward to meeting some members,I won't have my zed there as i am about to start doing it up cheers.

Remind me a couple of days before hand Lurch. I can get some from work. I get the feeling this will be our biggest meeting yet. I reckon we might hit 30+ from what I can read into the responses. First timers, sounds like at least 8 of you so you won't be on your own.  :D

Another Zed nut Graham Verbunt has confirmed to be coming along on this night. He has raced his Zed a few times at the annual Mt Buller Hill Climb. Hopefully I can talk him into maybe having a chat about his experience on that event, preperation etc at a future meeting with his car on display. But of course that will be some 3 months after this one.