Sign in to follow this  
BenZed

Rota Wheels

FYI  the 16x8 +4 will not fit under the front guards of a 240z with standard shocks/perches without some sort of guard work..rear is just ok.

I searched high & low for an answer wether the +4s would fit without modding the front guards, but found out the hard way  >:(

That's weird there is an orange 240z on hybrids that said it was ok. What size tyres are u running.

FYI  the 16x8 +4 will not fit under the front guards of a 240z with standard shocks/perches without some sort of guard work..rear is just ok.

I searched high & low for an answer wether the +4s would fit without modding the front guards, but found out the hard way  >:(

Looks like its a coil over sleeve kit for you then.

They fit on mine no problem. You should be running 205/55 tyres. If 225/50 then maybe they won't fit.

Ben

I really want to buy some tyres next week but the +4s on the front are almost beyond the limits....

yes your right, the previous test fits I did looked  "unacceptable"  :P  had I wanted to use 225's, and I would have thought 205's on 8" rims is a no-no.. We covered this topic on the forums a few months ago, ie 8" rim with a 7" tyre..

Im trying to track down some 215/55's which are quite a rare size, Falken ziens could be my only option.

With the +4's on the front Ive only got a bees dick clearance to the shock perch...I take it yours is the same or are you running 16x8 - zero offset ?

Whats everyones gut feeling for using 7" (205's) tryres on 8" rims for the front ?

Whats everyones gut feeling for using 7" (205's) tryres on 8" rims for the front ?

Not sure if the stock tyre size/ rolling diameter for 240's and 260's are the same but 215/55/16 would be larger and put your speedo out, 225/50 or 205/55 is closer to stock.

You should be able to get michelins and pirelli's in 215/55/16. My opinion only, I am not too fond of Falkens

I am running 205/55/16's on 8'rim 0 offset, no problem. I know some tyre manufacturers state 7.5" as max for a 205. I took the advice of the tyre shop manager, he said it is not a problem-didn't blink an eyelid. Although he did advise against 205's for a 8.5".

If it makes you feel better, 8" = 203.2mm

Ben

I really want to buy some tyres next week but the +4s on the front are almost beyond the limits....

yes your right, the previous test fits I did looked  "unacceptable"  :P  had I wanted to use 225's, and I would have thought 205's on 8" rims is a no-no.. We covered this topic on the forums a few months ago, ie 8" rim with a 7" tyre..

Im trying to track down some 215/55's which are quite a rare size, Falken ziens could be my only option.

With the +4's on the front Ive only got a bees dick clearance to the shock perch...I take it yours is the same or are you running 16x8 - zero offset ?

I have 205/55 on a 16x8 on the front of my car, it is not a stretch at all. I had Silverstone 215s on before and they actually looked narrower.

Ben

just adding to my previous post, find a tyre shop who has a few second tyres in the different sizes to loan you to trial fit. Also the actual tread width and shape of the sidewall can vary among the different brands and when you are talking about bee's dicks this can make a difference. Generally speaking, the brands with the rim protector will be wider. I settled on pirelli p7's 205/55/16.

I don't want to see another will 16x8 Rota's fit my zed post on this forum!!!!

I dont know how many times i have posted this link on this forum now...

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/57521-rota-wheels-rb-16x8/page__view__findpost__p__583557

This guys is running 225/50/16s all round!

Not sure if the stock tyre size/ rolling diameter for 240's and 260's are the same but 215/55/16 would be larger and put your speedo out' date=' 225/50 or 205/55 is closer to stock.[/quote']

We're talking about front tyres so i reckon the speedo will be fine.

ALL GONE, no more Rotas in stock, but loads of Watanabes coming next month  :)

Ben

its a bit of shame that Rota cant get their Act together regarding orders & deliveries etc, as their rims are very good quality (imho).