Great Ocean Road Tour Cancelled.

gav240z

• Administrators

Well on Saturday only 3 of us managed to show so we decided to call it a day and not go after all.

I think next time we will need people to reply to the thread and tell us your coming or if you can't. At least that way we'll get an idea of numbers before so that we don't only get a showing of 3.

Where was everyone by the way?

• 4 years later...

Guys, Is there any chance of another Ocean road drive? If there was enough notice I would drive down from Brissy to participate.

I have been wanting to do the drive in my zed for years.

I know its disappointing to organise an event that is not well attended. But I think you are right on the money. The best events I have attended have always been those that require a formal committment. Whether that is a deposit, booking or formal RSVP.

I would be keen to help coordinate if that makes any difference.

If there is no chance then I will just have to do it by myself :(

This thread was posted almost 5 years ago. We have since had at least two well attended overnigt runs down the GOR. We did say we would try and make it an annual event. The past two years we had it set for about August however last year the rain got us. Thing is you really need to plan to do it when there is no holidays going as it can get very busy on the road. I'm pretty sure last October they had a Porsche event from Lorne to Apollo Bay and that portion of road was closed.

Definately something to think about as the weather warms up. At the moment we have the Tassy event in Feb 2010 and I'm not sure if anything planned til then. I do recall some talk about doing the Bulla overnighter again which is another great drive through the Black Spurr and up Bulla. Last time we went 1 week after the event and it was great.

It would be a good idea to start a new thread Geraldi, to see what sort of respaonse you get for a drive down the GOR and see what would work for people regarding best time to do it?.

Sulio