RBZ 260

ranting about anything car related so Lurch doesnt lock it out :o)

Having a fail week

Not specifically about cars, but this is arant about when you make a plan, and then every man and his dog and ur other half comes in and makes their changes.

Mum wants to know how to use the right click, dad wants his lawn mowed, the girlfriend wants to be taken out for lunch, all in a saturday.

My plan was simple.  Mow my own lawn and put my dang engine in my dang car!

So sunday rolls around, awesome, no plans, everything completed quickly and friendly-style yesterday, and here we go i can get onto my exhaust system.

wait, no, gotta fix all the flyscreens round the house, (involving 3 trips to bunnings)  maybe we could go for a coffee dear?  also i was wondering if you could help me with these images I have, also... can you clean up the garage, i never go in there but it looks messy.

neighbour comes over...  Hi, its 3pm on a sunday afternoon and I notice that grinder is making an awful lot of noise.  (all doors to garage shut, garage on other side of property to his house.)

AHHHHH so much fail occured this weekend passed.  ANd now im sitting @ work, and I left my list of stuff to research on the net @ home... with nothing to do at my only day in the office with an internet connection.

F A I L

Sounds like a crap one mate.  a

I went to actually work on my zed today for the first time in ages to find i dropped my gasket for the dump pipe in the coolant collecting tray about a month ago when i pulled it all apart, needless to say it was stuffed.  Then my landcruiser wouldn't start, so i had to wait for the missus's mum to come round to use her car to go to the shops to get another gasket and a battery isolator for the cruiser lol.  Then on arrival i find out the last 2 gaskets were sold this morning.  I don't work on the car and the one time i do, i cant do it anyways. Typical.

it is truely fail.

It i ever wion lotto, i wont be spending too much of it, i will just use it to pay people to do my day to day activities so that 10% iof my time is my time

Dave. i spent 3.5 years building the z. out of those 3.5 years ive put 3 cars together none which were mine. ive maybe spent 6months solid at one stage on the car everything else was in between projects.

now im stuck arguing with builders for dodgey and incomplete work and try to get my biggest project of them all completed so i can play with the Z...... Ahhhh ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Apologies if this has been posted before.

Z grave in USA for sale.  24 cars for $27,000 (US) only $27,235 (rounded up) AUD plus shipping... $1,135 each

http://carandclassic.co.uk/car/C200793/

>>>>>>>>>>>>>  WOW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just wanna say this is almost like my dream backyard!

did not want to clog up the EBAY for sale thread so have posted in here instead!

But Reckon his mates are gunna be sad thier spare parts DEPO is gone, But there would have to be some nice 240 / 260 cruising around that area from all the parts that would have been pilfered / sold!

sorry simon, did not wanna clog up the ebay thread with my mindless dribble and none value adding comments about the above mentioned scrap yard. , so thought where can i do this and ended up in here!

Althou How bout a big group purchase :)

Althou How bout a big group purchase :)

Thats a lot of left hand drive shells...

Imagine getting called out to some old ladies property to fix her sink and seeing that in her back yard.

I think I would start welling up and getting all emotional ;D

I like the story about the twin turbo one, doesn't have any pics of that does he?

And he doesn't want to seperate, but he will transport them to a port and load them into shipping containers?

Sounds a bit 'how's ya father'.

The 'self moderation' on this forum is awesome.

I go to bed & in the morning some newbie has posted crap, to whit a half-dozen people reply abusing them.

Maybe I don't need to moderate on this forum at all...................

The 'self moderation' on this forum is awesome.

I go to bed & in the morning some newbie has posted crap, to whit a half-dozen people reply abusing them.

Maybe I don't need to moderate on this forum at all...................

Glad to help, but are you allowed to rant here?

Are you feeling unloved/needed mate?

Theres plenty of work in my garage for you to do to make you feel important. Just asking  ::)

hey lurch,

Quick suggestion. No posts in the forsale section till theyve reached 10 posts?? Could be the first step in culling this stuff!!You do a great job too... nevermind simon hes just jealous you have bigger powers then him ;)

Quick suggestion. No posts in the forsale section till theyve reached 10 posts?? Could be the first step in culling this stuff!!You do a great job too... nevermind simon hes just jealous you have bigger powers then him ;)

Agree with one of those statements  ::)

Maybe more than 10 posts though?

Although, that could stop someone coming on the forum offering a good deal!

Bigger powers huh?

hhmmmmmm...... is that why Lurch wears womens underwear on the outside of his pants?

Agree with one of those statements  ::)

Maybe more than 10 posts though?

Although, that could stop someone coming on the forum offering a good deal!

I know its hard but where do we draw the line?? It seems everyone gets flamed on here for offering products or services if they havent built a rep.

I know all the guys that Mod are volunteer and this would add extra, But maybe the first 10 posts need to be approved before going live?? Even if we make some extra Mods and only grant them permission to approve these posts!!.

Bigger powers huh?

hhmmmmmm...... is that why Lurch wears womens underwear on the outside of his pants?

We call him ladyhero ;D

Not much on TV tonight, and since I had camera already setup thought I'd take a quick pic of my model 240z with Rota RB-R in background.... Feel free to copy and set as a wallpaper if you wish  :D also if also Brisbane members would like some pics sometime send me a PM. Cheers.

post-680-144023625039_thumb.jpg

saw this on the R31 forum, liked it, now sharing...

I love putting new stuff on my car.

You know, new genuine Nissan stuff that comes in little (or big) boxes with Nissan written on them.

Inside, they are in a plastic bag and sometimes lovingly wrapped in brown paper as well.

And they fit perfectly.

But why is it that the old stuff doesn't want to come off?

Why is it that you struggle and sweat, but the bolt or nut won't move?

That is, until you swear at it.

There you are, 1 Lbft away from a double hernia, and with a simple sentence such as "c'mon you (insert expletive here)" it magically lets go, allowing your knuckles to drive into something solid and unmoveable/sharp and vicious?

It's as if the offending threaded device has a mind of it's own.

It's as if it just wanted to stay with its parent motor vehicle. The way it has been since it was put on in the factory. Stoically doing it's duty and holding some vital part or other on.

As it was supposed to be.

As God intended.

It wasn't until you asked it (so pleasantly) to stop impeding progress that it went 'why didn't you ask before?' and came undone.

Suddenly.

Of course this caused copious amounts of blood and a stream of strangled invective that would make Attila the Hun blush.

Oh yes, that's when the  really serious swearing started in earnest.

But it's not always the cars fault is it?

Sometimes the swearing and cursing is caused by the budding mechanic.

Isn't it.

Ah ha! I can see you nodding sheepishly dear reader, as you remember the time you neglected to leave the steering column nut on a couple of threads and were rewarded with a steering wheel shaped dent in your face.

It happened just after you swore at it, didn't it?

Do you remember the glittery little stars in your blurred vision as you slurred a few halfhearted Anglo Saxon phrases?

Do you remember the time that you saw the small metal protruberance, and thought "I'll have to be careful of that", just before you sliced your hand open on it?

Do you remember the filth and grime on your hands as you struggled (futilely) to hold the blood in with your other equally grease and dirt covered hand?

Do you remember seeing the blood fall in droplets, your life splashing on the garage floor?

Did you hesitate to take it inside and get that horrible red (and so hard to get off) liquid on your wifes/girlfriends/mums floor?

Do you remember the look of distaste on the nurses face when she saw the general filthiness of your person when you presented at hospital?

Do you remember the tetanus shot?

The colour of the cleaning swabs?

The stitches?

The clean whiteness of the bandage?

The thought of how you were going to get the other hand (and the rest of your body for that matter) clean with only one operable hand?

Have you ever tried to clean only one hand?

It's not easy I can tell you.

But there is an upside to all this.

And it is this.

You own a finely designed and well assembled Japanese car.

Just think, out there somewhere, there are people struggling with British designed and built motor cars.

That last one just made my day.

Pity I have work colleagues giving me strange looks as I almost fall off my chair with tears running down my cheeks.   

Particular relevence to me as I also own an old British sports car....

You all remember spinners right?

That fad is long dead, let me now present you with the 'new' thing sweeping the hellaflushultrastancestupidmods world.....

tumblrlzutzzypmm1qzcv7n.gif

saw this on the R31 forum, liked it, now sharing...

Alan,this is what happens in my shed every time my brother and I are working on our cars, will have to make a poster of it and hang it on the wall. Cheers.                                       

I love putting new stuff on my car.

You know, new genuine Nissan stuff that comes in little (or big) boxes with Nissan written on them.

Inside, they are in a plastic bag and sometimes lovingly wrapped in brown paper as well.

And they fit perfectly.

But why is it that the old stuff doesn't want to come off?

Why is it that you struggle and sweat, but the bolt or nut won't move?

That is, until you swear at it.

There you are, 1 Lbft away from a double hernia, and with a simple sentence such as "c'mon you (insert expletive here)" it magically lets go, allowing your knuckles to drive into something solid and unmoveable/sharp and vicious?

It's as if the offending threaded device has a mind of it's own.

It's as if it just wanted to stay with its parent motor vehicle. The way it has been since it was put on in the factory. Stoically doing it's duty and holding some vital part or other on.

As it was supposed to be.

As God intended.

It wasn't until you asked it (so pleasantly) to stop impeding progress that it went 'why didn't you ask before?' and came undone.

Suddenly.

Of course this caused copious amounts of blood and a stream of strangled invective that would make Attila the Hun blush.

Oh yes, that's when the  really serious swearing started in earnest.

But it's not always the cars fault is it?

Sometimes the swearing and cursing is caused by the budding mechanic.

Isn't it.

Ah ha! I can see you nodding sheepishly dear reader, as you remember the time you neglected to leave the steering column nut on a couple of threads and were rewarded with a steering wheel shaped dent in your face.

It happened just after you swore at it, didn't it?

Do you remember the glittery little stars in your blurred vision as you slurred a few halfhearted Anglo Saxon phrases?

Do you remember the time that you saw the small metal protruberance, and thought "I'll have to be careful of that", just before you sliced your hand open on it?

Do you remember the filth and grime on your hands as you struggled (futilely) to hold the blood in with your other equally grease and dirt covered hand?

Do you remember seeing the blood fall in droplets, your life splashing on the garage floor?

Did you hesitate to take it inside and get that horrible red (and so hard to get off) liquid on your wifes/girlfriends/mums floor?

Do you remember the look of distaste on the nurses face when she saw the general filthiness of your person when you presented at hospital?

Do you remember the tetanus shot?

The colour of the cleaning swabs?

The stitches?

The clean whiteness of the bandage?

The thought of how you were going to get the other hand (and the rest of your body for that matter) clean with only one operable hand?

Have you ever tried to clean only one hand?

It's not easy I can tell you.

But there is an upside to all this.

And it is this.

You own a finely designed and well assembled Japanese car.

Just think, out there somewhere, there are people struggling with British designed and built motor cars.