C.A.R.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Adrian

I was talking to Rob (FuzzyDropbear) yesterday he is interested in coming along. He can dink with me or Scoota but needs somewhere to sleep.  Unfortunately there are no more beds in our room, try sending him a PM.

Dale

Hey Guys please confirm when you have booked and who you staying with so we can keep tabs on numbers. Then it will make it easier for the meeting points etc. If we don't know you are coming we can't wait for you if you are late.  ;) Good to see the trip gaining some momentum. Should be a great trip.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Been a crazy couple of weeks back to normal now, Just confirming I will be joining you guys. I have booked a room for the Sat 23rd. Apparently the restaurant and Bistro are booked out for dinner on the Saturday night !

Will be heading off from Richmond, so let me know where and when to meet the melbourne contingent.

Looking forward to it.

Ade

The very pleasant lady did mention however that bar food or room service was available. I am sure you are all nice and all, but not so keen on you lot eating dinner on my bed leaving crumbs.

ade

Good to hear you are coming along Ade. Are you on your own or with someone? Did you want to share?

I actually mentioned that dinner was booked out even a month or so ago. Damn. Anyway, yes as mentioned we can get a meal at the bar. Probably cheaper and I figure it's coming out of the same kitchen. They have some function on hence booked out. But we might be able to worm our way in if pushed. The bar should be OK. Unfortunately not many other options in Dunkeld. Mind you I haven't been there for years. I will look on the internet just incase there is another option.

Like I said if we really want to get our act together I could suss out a house for us all on the farm then we could do our own BBQ dinner. We could shuffle around the accommodation since it's all through the same place. But I will only do that if a unanimous decision is made on here.

Just Spoke with them and they can't book space in the bar but seemed to think it will be no problems fitting us in. I will be on my own but could only get a single room not a twin. If the general consensus is a house with a BBQ then I am happy to go along with this everyone loves a BBQ !

FYI, I was in Dunkeld for the races over the summer. Still nothing there.

• 4 weeks later...

I am heading up to Halls Gap this weekend for the Food/Wine festival, unfortunately I have to take the Bitsashitty! Hopefully I can get in a fair bit of reconnaissance and find some more good roads in the area for the 23/24.

Craig - have we got a list on who is coming on this trip?

No one else yet Craig.  For those who are wondering if it is worth the drive, it is.  There are a number of fantastic roads, I had a ball and surprisingly I came across very few cars.  Can't wait to drive those roads again in a proper car.

• 2 weeks later...

So updating this site. Can everyone who has booked a room and confirmed going please list your name again or confirm here. At present I booked a room for Me, Lurch & Sulio. Dale what have you guys booked? Any others? I forgot to speak to the Rev about the weekend. Was he in?