• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Nah you should stick a rotary in it.  ;)

/controversy

Even I would like to see a rotary Zed :). Just don't it to an early 240z if you can avoid it. :P

Even I would like to see a rotary Zed :). Just don't it to an early 240z if you can avoid it. :P

there is a rotary powered zed in the states... ill see if i can find links when i get home form work 2nite ;)

There is a rotary powered Z in Vic!! I dunno where, but i have heard of it.  Dont think they really hang with the Z crowd though, too cool for school.  (Waits for onslaught from owner/friends)

;D ;D ;D

LOL love the responses. Rotary powered Z, ca18 sr20 1200, sluging on the poor old 2+2 and 280zx. LOVE IT.

welcome to the site.

have to agree with gav don't put a wankel in a 240z.

though i do believe rotaries should stay in Mazdas and nissan engines in Datsuns.

i was going to do a bad sin. buy a rx4 coupe and install a SR20det. but couldnt find one so got a 260z and installed an RB instead. prob best decision i made  :P than after i did buy a RX4 but keeping it rotary powered.

2+2 just think of all the suitcases u can fit when u go to photoshoots or whatever u need to lug accross. also its handy in drive ins  :P ur BF will like it.

i should stop now.

good luck with the purchase.

2+2 just think of all the suitcases u can fit when u go to photoshoots or whatever u need to lug accross. also its handy in drive ins  :P ur BF will like it.

i should stop now.

good luck with the purchase.

ROFL.

No, for that we borrow daddys EH wagon.

Much more leg room.

But again. Different story. Stopping Now. XD

ooh eh.

yeah actually i have already done a lot of work on sr20s should just stick to what i know. although they both have advantages and disadvantages.

there was a rotary powered vs sedan at one stage. This was when i was running a blown vs 5l. while i was starting to make things happen in the cruises around canberra. the guy pulled in to the area we were all hanging with "a commodore that actually goes" stickers all around it. Figured my ute looked like a good peace of pray. Told me he wanted to take me on in a 1km drag. My ute ate his car. He drove past laid into me. the rest of the guys around laughed at him so he left canberra upset.

So glad im out of the whole scene now. Much prefer cruising. But weight is the main problem I assume in the rotary scene.

have to agree with gav don't put a wankel in a 240z.

though i do believe rotaries should stay in Mazdas and nissan engines in Datsuns.

Why?

At the end of the day its a Datsun, it's not like you are hacking up a Ferrari Daytona and stuffing a Holden 5L V8 in it :-)!

Why?

At the end of the day its a Datsun, it's not like you are hacking up a Ferrari Daytona and stuffing a Holden 5L V8 in it :-)!

No, if you put a rotory in it its only half a Datsun...........

The other thing is the front of a Z is so long you could fit two 13b's in there. One rice burner for each of the rear wheels. LOL :P

• Moderators

Why?

That's the problem with the Datsun name; brings up images of the 120Y. There's no way I'd de-value a zed by installing anything "aussie" in it. Holden engines are best left in the poor excuse of a car the Commodore or Transit vans.

lol thanks guys for sticking up for me while i was away.

to me every manufacturer has a decent engine that can be put into their own brands.

half this and that kinda kills it for me. i preffer the major components ie engine, and shell to be from the same manufacturer everything else well who cares.

just looks funny seeing toyota mazda or whatever in a nissan and the other way around.  not saying the other engines are worse they could be better than the same manufacturer but its a half breed mut.

saying that I still appricate the hard work that goes with even if the engine is not nissan in a S30. its your car u do what U want with it and i do what i want with mine.  ;D everyone is happy.

i do own a 350chev and its great motor lot of tourque and reliable as. Thats why it sits  in the middle of my boat.  but i wouldn't put it in the Z.

though if i had a GM product i wouldnt hesitate. hmmm 350 chev RWD Holden Calibra, LOL now theres a project.

I think that engine goes with make. Someone told me they world help me put a 2jz engine into my 260z. Well thats all good and all but its a Toyota engine. plus then its less confusing for others when they look at it work on it. If i was to put something completely done up for drags in the z i would probably go hemi. But if its a daily or a show car there is not need for it.

If your going insane and doing something not done before then OK. I know of someone with a sr20det in an excel. personally i think its wankerish. but they did it because they had a shell and an engine and were bord. I also know of an excel with a merc v8. Turned into a rear wheel drive. mad little burnout car. It also looks cool. But if the brand your doing up makes an engine that does what you want then why destroy an awesome car.

Really we should probably move this to its own thread instead of someones personal thread. But I'm computer Illiterate so I don't know how.

To most of us, its better than a Ferrari, thats why...

Most of us, probably haven't ever driven a Ferrari to compare.........

That's the problem with the Datsun name; brings up images of the 120Y. There's no way I'd de-value a zed by installing anything "aussie" in it. Holden engines are best left in the poor excuse of a car the Commodore or Transit vans.

For its time, 120y is a damm good car :-)! Holden's aren't Aussie either really, when I was in Europe it was the strangest thing seeing mini VP commodores driving around the place - until recently, since it's inception, the Commondore has been Opel bodies powered by Buick V6's from the 70's! Now its Korean bodies with Yank V8's or (what the Add said) Aussie made v6!

I'd like to put an L28 in a Ferrari Daytona... what's wrong with that? 

Yeah the guys at Mercedes really know how to make a straight 6 and the fellows at datsun sure know how to replicate someone else idea really well :-)

By that rationale - does that mean all Merc engines are ok :-)?

It's funny with Z owners, so keen on keeping the car all original - or in the family - for example, when I purchased my car the owner looked at me like I was lucifer himself when I suggested I would put in even an RB engine, I quickly changed track and said the paint was nice!

Like this retard in Brisbane who stuck an S15 6 speed behind a VH45 because he had to keep it Nissan but wanted a 6-speed manual, that was interesting :-)!

Now were is a 1969 240z so I can chop of the roof and install 3.8L Buick V6 :-)!

I do love my Z though :-)! But I see it as more of a blank canvass - different suspension, brakes, engine, interior - mainly because it is a reasonably inexpensive car, which still looks awesome! But really isn't exactly like ripping apart something like a Ferrari Daytona, mainly because a Ferrari Daytona probably set you back a couple of hundred K, nicest of nice Z's probably isn't that expensive or rare!

What :|. Every time I see a 280zx my eyes sting a little.

Hehehehehe, that used to be my reaction, but, there has been one sitting next to my 260z for about 6-7mths now, and the more I look at it the more I like it, its not that bad! and the back of the 2+2 versions really is much, much better done than the 260 2+2 rear "after-thought" a@s!

For its time, 120y is a damm good car :-)! Holden's aren't Aussie either really, when I was in Europe it was the strangest thing seeing mini VP commodores driving around the place - until recently, since it's inception, the Commondore has been Opel bodies powered by Buick V6's from the 70's! Now its Korean bodies with Yank V8's or (what the Add said) Aussie made v6!

Funny though things could have been very very different when Holden successfully used Nissans inline 3 lt six and later the turbo version of the same engine for the VL Commodore @ 1986 to 1988 while they re-engineered the V8 to use unleaded fuel

Like Leyland with the Buick 3.5 Lt, Holden bought the patent for the Buick 3.8 Lt, cheap to make, light weight and very fuel efficient with EFI

;)

Most of us, probably haven't ever driven a Ferrari to compare.........

Yeah the guys at Mercedes really know how to make a straight 6 and the fellows at datsun sure know how to replicate someone else idea really well :-)

By that rationale - does that mean all Merc engines are ok :-)?

It's funny with Z owners, so keen on keeping the car all original - or in the family - for example, when I purchased my car the owner looked at me like I was lucifer himself when I suggested I would put in even an RB engine, I quickly changed track and said the paint was nice!

Like this retard in Brisbane who stuck an S15 6 speed behind a VH45 because he had to keep it Nissan but wanted a 6-speed manual, that was interesting :-)!

Now were is a 1969 240z so I can chop of the roof and install 3.8L Buick V6 :-)!

I do love my Z though :-)! But I see it as more of a blank canvass - different suspension, brakes, engine, interior - mainly because it is a reasonably inexpensive car, which still looks awesome! But really isn't exactly like ripping apart something like a Ferrari Daytona, mainly because a Ferrari Daytona probably set you back a couple of hundred K, nicest of nice Z's probably isn't that expensive or rare!

Hehehehehe, that used to be my reaction, but, there has been one sitting next to my 260z for about 6-7mths now, and the more I look at it the more I like it, its not that bad! and the back of the 2+2 versions really is much, much better done than the 260 2+2 rear "after-thought" a@s!

So go buy a fricken Ferrari then, since you don't seem to like Datsuns lol.  Like you said, I havn't driven a Ferrari to compare, cos I dont have a shit load of money, hence why I have my Datsun that costs no where near the same to do up and make it out perform one.  Plus I prefer the look of the Datsun, doesn't matter how less rare it is.  The fact that Scando can throw his around Symmons plains and beat GTRs, EVOs etc with very few mods just shows the sports car it really is.

So go buy a fricken Ferrari then, since you don't seem to like Datsuns lol.

Nah, like to be able to drive cars in traffic or know its going to start each time I go to kick it over :-)!

Hehehehe, love Datsun's! also love Fords, love all cars - you have seen that massive white ZF Fairlane in the driveway - thats next, front and rear suspension from a Z32 and 2jztt!