URGENT How to change to bigger MC 15/16 need write up urgent

Do you have discs on the rear? If so look for Lurch's post about removing the line pressure valve from the rear circuit this will stop the rears from having too much bias due to the 10lbs of pressure already in the line (require for drums)

my rear brakes will be upgraded next week

It's just the car I'm coverting off has a large booster

And mine a normal one it's causing interferance with the clutch mc

So that's more the issue now thou

on the subject, with stock brakes is it literally a straight bolt in swap from the 260 MC to the 280 MC?

That is a yes and no answer - yes to one version and no to another. I can't recall which is which but one is not a straight bolt on, I can't recall which it is a Series I (79-82) or a Series II (82-83)

JB1419 is the Patrol 1" MC part number if anyone is interested.  If you havn't already read it, there is a BUT.  With the 1", it will bolt to the booster, but the brake pipes/lines feed from the side, not the bottom like on the zeds.  However, this also means that should you have your pipes modified to fit, you can then get the Patrol 15/16th and swap between the two if need be... 

JB1914 is the Patrol 1" MC part number if anyone is interested.

You sure about that number I can only find reference to a JB1419 for a 77-79 Patrol and listed as 25.40mm aka 1" here is pic of the JB1419 for reference also

Also on this site there is a post of the JB1419 partnumber as the 1" MC for the Patrol see

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,1639.msg21181.html#msg21181

newcar97.jpg

What the...? Why is this so hard to understand?

The 280ZX one bolts straight on, no mods required.

The 1" Patrol MC bolts straight onto the booster BUT the brake lines have to be modified.

• 1 month later...

Something you guys might find interesting.  I did the 1" Patrol master cylinder upgrade last week.  The cylinder I used was made by "Reliance Parts".  I think it might have been made wrong because the brake lines feed into the bottom.............so they bolt straight into a Z with no modifications to the lines.  Cool hey!

The part number is JB1419 same as the guys have listed above.