Dashboard Restorations Dash

garvice

As I mentioned in my Wanted to Buy Post, Dashboard Restorations at Acacia Ridge have decided to do the Datsun Dashboards again. Their website is here http://dashboardrestorations.com.au/, and they do an excellent job. Here are the photos to prove the quality of their work.

Before

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

After

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

Overall, I am very pleased with their work. The vinyl they use is not exactly the same (larger ripples then the original dash), but it looks a 100% better then the dash I dropped off. It took roughly 3 weeks for them to get my dash completed from the time I dropped it off (Was originally quoted 5-6 weeks). Also to note when getting Dashboard Restorations to do the dash, they insisted on the dash being assembled when dropping off and they also insist on reassembling your dash so that they can ensure it goes together properly.

Thanks for the effort Michael.

Brad

• Administrators

Looks awesome, nice steering wheel too :). Good to know they decided to do Zeds again. I'm sure with all you lot asking them about it they figured it was too good to pass up.

What was the total cost all up?

Cheers guys.

I got them to do the lid of the centre console, but not the whole console.

My centre console is all plastic, so I didn't bother getting it done.

I was quoted $730 for the dash.

Michael gave me a bit of a discount and the Total including the centre console lid was $770.

My dash internally was in quite good condition though, it was just the few major cracks on the top.

He also mentioned that 240 dashes are much harder to do then 260s, as the foam used in the dash is much worse. I.E. It always requires a lot more work to do the 240 rather then the 260.

nice trick.

Im short enough that i can duck my head down slightly and see the whole guage, but yea, its a pain in the ass. :)

maybe i'll get a speedo that has a 300kmh top speed on it, then the 'useable' part wont be obstructed by the wheel 8)

HA. Cheers mate.

Yeah I am short enough to duck down and see it, but I wanted to see it without ducking down.

I have a hard enough time keeping my license in my corolla.

tbscobraz he didnt steal it just got it reupholstered with the dashboard. Didn't you know this months special? For every dashboard you get reupholstered you get your cat done free.  ;D (Sorry really off-topic)

Didn't you know this months special? For every dashboard you get reupholstered you get your cat done free.  ;D (Sorry really off-topic)

;D Got my cat done free, He was that pissed off he stole my car..............

;)REWARD offered if you find the little c%#t ,Opps I mean cat ::)

post-828-144023514675_thumb.jpg

bright blue dashboard for a 240/260 it looked the business.

pic03.jpg

I'm assuming you mean this.

I don't mind modifying my datsun, (after all I am a member of hybridz.org), but a bright blue dash is just wrong in a z car. The dash is one of the nicest parts of the interior. Actually it is the nicest part of the interior, wouldn't want to mess with it. However for the few of you that are colour blind, dashboard restorations use a grey vinyl that requires dying to get it black. So if you really want they can colour it for you. If you really want!!!

[quoteGot my cat done free, He was that pissed off he stole my car..............

;)REWARD offered if you find the little c%#t ,Opps I mean cat ]Mr240z I think your car and car was sold on ebay last week to a man who looks like me for a bag of allens snakes :o :o :o

• 3 weeks later...