Tassie Tour 9-17th Feb 2010 - Pics up P.6! 56k Beware!

C.A.R.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey craig, i'm keen! i sent you an email to what i believe is your work address.

could you please email me through the details i need to know, and missed out on hearing on saturday? my address is evan at cobaltniche.com

thanks! it sounds awesome

Looks like I won't make the track day.  Just got our calendar for next year and our first round is at Symmons on the 14th of Feb!

Never mind Shane - you still up for drinkies in Hobart though?

Evan, you better make damn sure you can afford to come.

We had people pull out at the 11th hour last year & they haven't been invited back...

Ha Ha go Lurch.

You'll be right Evan. Have sent you the itinery with contact, costs etc. Make sure a spare $300- or so for petrol and food for the week I guess.

We will all have to start booking by the end of this week I think.

I will send an email direct to those coming in the next few days.

Cheers

OK a quick update.

We now have 9 people confirmed going. 8 from Melb & one local.

We have 4 maybe's who will be getting back to me shortly and 3 local's turning up at the track day. Some to race.

Can anyone who hasn't gotten an email direct from me please PM me with their direct email address. Then I can send on details and keep you in the loop. Kodie "Spawn" can you please do that again? I can't find yours. Thanks. We will probably start booking on Friday. I will send out one last direct email tomorrow/Thursday with instructions and suggested groupings.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Supp Tassie Crew! I hope we all had a good Chrissy.

Well we are only a month away and all seems to be in order. Except for me needing a bloody RWC on my car. Hopefully early next week.

Anyway this is just a reminder that if you plan on doing the track day at Symmons Plains you will need to pack a helmet. Also it is almost mandatory that each car have a minimum 2watt 2-way Radio for communication. Most of us have 5 watters. So if you don't have one then I suggest you either buy or borrow one for this trip. Communication is vital and if you don't have one you won't know what is going on whilst driving around. A great tool to keep us all safe and well informed.

Oh it sounds like Sulio is keen to fly over for the last few days. Lurch will be driving his car around for that week and Dave Chambers is still trying to get there in his TT 350Z.

Another update due in a weeks time.

Cheers

Well thanks for the offer of a garage. Are you able to give me your phone number or PM me with it. Just in case we have a problem with one of the 8 cars coming down. We probably needed it 2 years ago when we had an over heating problem with the Supra. Although I think it ended up just being the car that ran hot regardless.

And feel free to come out for dinner when we are in town.

Cheers

BTW, to everyone coming: please make sure you pack a pair of dress shoes.

I was told by a couple of bars/clubs in Hobart that I couldn't enter because I was wearing Sneakers ???

Sounds silly, but it's true.

BTW, to everyone coming: please make sure you pack a pair of dress shoes.

I was told by a couple of bars/clubs in Hobart that I couldn't enter because I was wearing Sneakers ???

Sounds silly, but it's true.

Lurch, the problem wasn't that you had sneakers on, the issue was the fact you had shoes on at all ;D

Just got confirmation yesterday. We have Dave Chambers as a late entry coming down in his Twin Turbo 350Z. He had a ball last time and finally got the OK for time off work. Looks like Symmons Plains will be pushing some good times for a few of the cars. I know last time it got a bit competitive. Ha.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news I got the car Dyno'd last night and sorted out my electrical problem. A new coil was the order of the day and ended up with 305klw at the rear. Down a little on last time but still not too bad. So my car is now a certain starter now. I wasn't sure the problem would be found and fixed prior to the trip. But a great operator soon sorted out my problem.

Not long to go now. I hope you all have started packing. Don't forget the race helmet and 2-way. As usual this will be an awesome trip. Look forward to seeing you all in the line up for the boat. Probably best we all park out the front with 2-ways on channel 16 before heading onto the boat.

Cheers

PM me your email address and I will send you some details. would be good if you can hook up with a few other Zed locals to come along and catch up. I am pretty sure we will see 2 or 3 other locals rock up at some time or another. They are currently on the email list.

Guy's in Tassie not sure if you want to meet up somewhere specific at one place or not. But dinner is definately on the cards in Hobart.

Cheers

Hi guys off to symons plains for power cruise tomorrow and sunday should be plenty of rubber laid this weekend so ill be able to tell u what track is like for track day

hoping to have lot of fun with zed up there surprise few people get run on dyno and few burnouts lol plus got couple of grudge races lined up

like to catch up with group wednesday night or thursday night for drink or meal while your up the top of island new business is keeping me busy plus working last few days at old job so wont be able to cruise rest of trip with

ill let u know what track is like end of weekend

mick

Hi, I'm also intersted in meeting up with you all in Hobart, I think a set time and place for a meet up would be a good idea, maybe at Marieville Esplanade in Sandy Bay. Looking forward to actually seeing some other zeds down here. Cheers, John

There seems to be a lot of interest from locals to catch up with us while we are down there. (Shame none of you are joining us on the drive around the state you were all welcome  ;)) Anyway my suggestion is that Sunday night 14th Feb we meet up somewhere in the heart of town for dinner. We are in there anyway and have a big day planned so don't want to drive anywhere that evening. Hence the location of our accommodation. Walking distance of everything. Again I suggest all you Tassie guys try to get together and give us a hoy or PM me as one.

We have had a few invitations to drop in meet & greet along our route and while much appreciated it would make things difficult with working out times etc. Hence Hobart or the track day seem to be the best options.

I have done a lot of organising to bring this awesome trip together. So the last thing I want to do with less than week to go is contact 8 different people on the off chance of trying to set something up. And I mean that in a nice way.  :D

We are keen to meet you all and our cars will be in town Sunday. So if you want to catch up early 6-7pm for a bear and a bit of a look/chat at our cars let us know or later for dinner via a PM. Leave your email or phone number and something should get sorted.

Less than a week to go. Woooohoooo

Well Tassie boys. 2 days to go. The weather is looking perfect so throw in a towel and togs. As we by pass a few great swimming beach's during our travels.

The boat departs at 7.30 so I plan on meeting you all out the front between 6 & 6.30 tomorrow night before we all board.

My car is raring to go & finally packed over the weekend so nothing to do but drive out Tuesday arvo for a great week.

Look forward to that beer on the boat and catching up with a few locals during our travels.

Cheers