Sign in to follow this  
sexual_sushi

Z Airport Taxi service? ;)

Hi guys, not sure how feasible this idea is but....

I was just in Sydney to see Top Gear Live and we got a cab from the airport to olympic village for $65! I was thinking how cool it would be to be picked up from out front of the airport in a z. I thought it would be cool if there was a list of people that you could PM when heading to a city to see if they were available to pick you up? So you could just PM everyone in that city thats willing and check their availability (or maybe have a Brisbane thread, Melbourne thread etc that the available people are subscribed to?). I think it would also be a good way to meet Z owners from other cities and see a few cars that you normally wouldn't.

I'm willing to add my name to the Brisbane list. I suppose it would be better for people traveling by themselves but I do have a 2+2 as well if leg room isn't an issue ;)

EDIT:

Brisbane Drivers

sexual_sushi - 2 seater 240z and 2+2 260z

stevo_gj - 2 seater

Sydney Drivers

mrp69 - 2 seater

68GTCS - 2 seater 240z or a mustang

nuclear_z  - 2 seater 240z or mini cooper s

Canberra

Razz - 2 seater

sco_aus - 2 seater

well im heading to brissy at end of feb if your keen!!!!

need a lift to the hire car place about 10 mins??? away???

but what happens if you need more than one seat do we call lurch or craig or johnny (brzi).

what about amount of luggage??? need a 2+2 chopped and an A fram welded to it to have a Z trailer also (but then also needs a Z with a tow bar, (which is sacrilage if you ask me,)  upsets the balance, or if you had too many pies on the weekend is ok!!! :P

nat0

I think that it's a pretty cool idea and it would be a great way to meet some of the other Z car owners from around Aus. I live right near Brisbane airport as well so I would be perfectly happy to offer lifts to anyone from the forum around Brisbane.

ill pick up singles from sydney airport

gf lives down the road so wont be to much hassle

wouldnt mind having some fun with a total stranger in the passanger seat will be funny

peter

sounds like a cool idea  :)  I've got a whole one seat spare if someone needs a lift from canberra, a good Z chat is always a good thing  ;D

sounds like a cool idea  :)  I've got a whole one seat spare if someone needs a lift from canberra, a good Z chat is always a good thing  ;D

If i flap my arms like an idiot, and say i flew in, can i have a ride? ;D

If i flap my arms like an idiot, and say i flew in, can i have a ride? ;D

sure thing  :)  my battery's still thanking you  ;D

Hey, if two of you fly in, you can get a twin scott, twin silver, twin 260z lift somewhere  ;D  how sweet would that look

cool we've got a few people in :) i have updated the first post with the people who said they are willing. I'm thinking if we make a thread for each city and then we can subscribe to it, it could have its own section but maybe (what do the mods think)?. So if anyone needs a lift they can just post in the appropriate thread and we should all get an email.

nat0_240_chevZ: what dates are you here? I'm keen but I am actually flying to Gladstone from the 27th - 29th. Which reminds me if anyone needs a driver in Gladstone for some god forsaken reason, i pity you and my Dad could pick you up in a z32 ;)

any more offers for drivers?

hmmm and i noticed i wrote 'drivers' for Brisbane and Sydney but not Canberra. Maybe I subconsciously think Cranberrians can't drive?  :P

No, it's common knowledge Canberranians can't drive.  Present company excepted of course.  ;D

Actually I think Canberra has some of the worst drivers and some of the best drivers in the country.  You just never hear about the good drivers.  ;)

cool we've got a few people in :) i have updated the first post with the people who said they are willing. I'm thinking if we make a thread for each city and then we can subscribe to it, it could have its own section but maybe (what do the mods think)?. So if anyone needs a lift they can just post in the appropriate thread and we should all get an email.

nat0_240_chevZ: what dates are you here? I'm keen but I am actually flying to Gladstone from the 27th - 29th. Which reminds me if anyone needs a driver in Gladstone for some god forsaken reason, i pity you and my Dad could pick you up in a z32 ;)

any more offers for drivers?

FLY IN  on the 26th with the miss' & her luggage!, me 1 bag!!!

Why not! count me in...

68 GT/CS California Special Mustang (HiPo 289 in case you're in a hurry)

71 240Z (nice paint & original interior but we're still missing some ponies from the factory)

PS s_sushi:  I was born in Gladstone!... Having said that, like God, I also have forsaken it.

post-1231-144023511804_thumb.jpg

post-1231-144023511812_thumb.jpg

Sorry, forgot to mention that I've forsaken Gladstone for Coogee Beach in Sydney.  It is about 20mins from airport and halfway to the city so should be no hassle if I'm available.

sweet, i'll add u to the list

shotgun a ride in the mustang ;)

haha how long ago did u leave gladstone? know any malugas?

nato if you think your misses luggage will fit in a 2+2 ill come out and grab ya. now the question is will u be a gentleman and sit in the back? ;) i think that night should be a qld zcar club meet if you can convince the lady to go along

1st post updated :)

haha yeah I didn't realise there were so many other cool old cars in everyones stable. My dream is to have a early to mid 60's corvette and mustang in the shed eventually.

nat0, what time do you fly in?

ahh ill be at work then. if you had a spare day with nothing to do we could just go for a short cruise. i know steve would be up for it, i wont be around on the weekend though. and i work monday-friday. Maybe one of the week nights next week?